5.0.0.411 was almost perfect for me, no mem leak (35MB after a day of heavy use), 48HRS battery life with heavy usage (2G only + Wifi + BT), no reboots, no coverage/signal/call drops, except 2 bugs that bothered me a lot :

First one is the known SMS bug. Followed the instructions on the forum and replaced net_rim_bb_sms_compose.cod by the .314 version. Partially solved the bug. After a reboot, incoming SMS were properly threaded under correct sender, but not correctly ordered in a thread : all sent SMS were at top of thread in random order, followed by all received ones. This was solved by using the .348 SMS compose file.

The second one is the GPS not fixing/seeing satellites. This was solved by replacing following files by their .238 version, I used .238 cauz I found .348 ones very slow when fixing sats :
    - net_rim_bb_geolocationagent
    - net_rim_bb_GPS_ee
    - net_rim_locationapi

If you do the same, you do it at your own riskn I can't b held responsible.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 08:32 AM
    Cool! anyway you can get me the GPS files? my Bold with .411 GPS SUCKS!!!!

PM me
    12-31-09 10:55 AM
    Sure hurricane, PM me your PIN and I'll send you the 3 files via BBM

12-31-09 11:16 AM
    could someone pls send me the gps file as well? mine doesn't find any satellites! thanks
    12-31-09 12:28 PM
    5.0.0.411 was almost perfect for me, no mem leak (35MB after a day of heavy use), 48HRS battery life with heavy usage (2G only + Wifi + BT), no reboots, no coverage/signal/call drops, except 2 bugs that bothered me a lot :
    Say..can you tell me what you did to fix the dropped calls? Cause I drop and have dropped about 50 thousand calls in the 9 months I've had my bold on at&t...can you bbm me the anti-dropped-calls files? lol

12-31-09 01:30 PM
    Why don't you all just stick with 238 since it seems all the cod.s are being copied from it.
    So far 238 has been the most stable system I have used. Except for the batt life in 3G,

12-31-09 07:09 PM
    i hear about this sms bug alot, but i have yet to experience it at all on my bold with the .411

12-31-09 10:58 PM
    [QUOTE=Mamaluka;4410178]
    QUOTE]
    Say..can you tell me what you did to fix the dropped calls? Cause I drop and have dropped about 50 thousand calls in the 9 months I've had my bold on at&t...can you bbm me the anti-dropped-calls files? lol

Ha ha. ! .411 was call drop free stock from the beginning for me

01-01-10 01:55 AM
    Why don't you all just stick with 238 since it seems all the cod.s are being copied from it.
    So far 238 has been the most stable system I have used. Except for the batt life in 3G,

I found .411 to be a huge improvement over .238, and 2 bugs (only 1 for some of us that don't experience the SMS bug) is not enough to make me downgrade to .238. Anyway, better than .238 and .411, would be an OFFICIAL release, but I'm afraid it won't be soon

01-01-10 02:02 AM
    There's a gps bug in .411? Odd, I haven't had any problems, and I use the gps alot - weatherbug (now berryweather), google maps, bb maps, blackstar... gps works fine. At least no worse than 4.6.304.

===start soap box rant===

I can't comment on the sms. I already pay $30 for unlimited data. I'll use BBM, Google Talk or just email before I pay more for the privledge of sending short messages to phone numbers. Or hey - since I know their phone number, why don't I CALL them?

==off the soap box===

When I upgraded, I did have to do the browser fix. And since VVM was not included in .411, I did add that from the .238 build.
    01-01-10 11:59 AM
    Same here. I don't use SMS very often; e-mail & BB serve for me. I just got back from London and used Telmap Navigator Beta to help me find my way from my hotel to places I wanted to visit; and back home again. GPS worked fine with .411.
    01-01-10 03:40 PM
    I've had horrible memory loss from the beginning of 411 with today being the worse. I've done a reinstall but not a reinstall with another wipe. Anyone else having this type of mem loss and if you have/had were you able to make a difference with a reinstall? This 5.0 is toooo good to go back so at worse I'll go to .238.

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-01-10 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Rehosted image without PIN and IMEI
    01-01-10 04:31 PM
    0 bytes? That's not so bad of a memory leak.
    Lol

01-01-10 09:26 PM
    i use 314 net_compose file instead of 411 ,and solve the sms problem.
    GPS , i haven't had any problems
    01-04-10 02:46 AM
    Anyone mind sending me the .348 SMS one?
    Last edited by Jes7r; 01-04-10 at 03:37 AM.
    01-04-10 03:32 AM
    Anyone mind sending me the .348 SMS one?
    PM me your PIN and I will send you the file via BBM

01-04-10 05:00 AM

.238 has it's own SMS bugs where read messages stay bold, as well as you don't get a new message notification if you kept a conversation open and got a new message in it. Those bugs are gone in .411, and it seems that the bugs mentioned here in .411 don't affect everyone because I haven't had them at all and I've read that some others haven't either.
    01-04-10 08:55 AM
    PM me your PIN and I will send you the file via BBM

Actually I was able to get it after a lot of searching. .348 is much better. Whenever I opened a text on .411, the cursor would be on the text message rather than the input box. Each time I would have to move the cursor down the type a message which was rather annoying. .348 fixed that problem. Thanks for the idea zeidk!
    01-04-10 09:44 AM
    Ummm.... I'm confused as to how I could do these fixes ? Can someone upload each of the files for fixing... with step by step instructions to each ? Thanks
    01-05-10 02:18 AM
    Actually I was able to get it after a lot of searching. .348 is much better. Whenever I opened a text on .411, the cursor would be on the text message rather than the input box. Each time I would have to move the cursor down the type a message which was rather annoying. .348 fixed that problem. Thanks for the idea zeidk!
    Glad to help a 9000 bro :-)

01-05-10 02:56 AM
    Ummm.... I'm confused as to how I could do these fixes ? Can someone upload each of the files for fixing... with step by step instructions to each ? Thanks
    PM me your PIN and I'll send u the files via BBM, but ... BELL Mobility has just released OFFICIAL 5.0.0.411 for the Bold 9000 ! Check the BlackBerry download site !

01-05-10 03:00 AM
    Anyway, better than .238 and .411, would be an OFFICIAL release, but I'm afraid it won't be soon
    Well, it's official. What good did that do? It's still .411, just like we already had. So tired of thos "can't wait for official release" mentality.

01-05-10 07:29 AM
    I actually found that gps worked much faster for me on .411.

As for sms, the only thing that bothers me is when you open a new text you have to scroll down or hit R to reply

Guess I got lucky

01-05-10 08:07 AM
    I actually found that gps worked much faster for me on .411.

As for sms, the only thing that bothers me is when you open a new text you have to scroll down or hit R to reply

Guess I got lucky

Yep, that was the same issue I had. I ended up installing the .348 SMS .cod and that fixed it.
    01-05-10 09:05 AM
    ugh, I need both. I'll send my PIN. can someone send me the files?
    01-05-10 10:49 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD