I realized today after lunch that I received no e-mails or SMS which was very strange. I pulled my phone out and it was off. I pressed and held the End key, and nothing happened. So I got a charger from one of my co-workers. No red LED, nothing on the screen.

I brought it home, put it on the charger, nothing. I did some searching and I saw a suggestion to plug it in without the battery. I took out my media card, SIM card, and battery, and plugged it back in to the wall. No light, nothing on the display. It's completely unresponsive.

The phone was fully charged overnight, and it was working fine this morning, I even installed a few apps from BlackBerry App World (that wouldn't cause this, would it?).

Any suggestions? BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not see it at all. It's as if the whole thing just died. I've bricked my Curve before, but never to the point where I couldn't even get the red LED. I have an old Pearl that I'm using right now, but without all my e-mail and custom settings I'm going through major withdrawal here!
    12-30-09 05:31 PM
    Maybe there will be help in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-do-i-recover-dead-blackberry-32322/

At least that may be a place to start. Best of luck.
    12-30-09 05:43 PM
    Maybe there will be help in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-do-i-recover-dead-blackberry-32322/

At least that may be a place to start. Best of luck.
    Page not found - but I believe I used that before on my Curve. It worked because I was able to get the PC to connect to it, but that's not the case here.

Another thing - the device -is- under warranty. But it has noticeable scuff marks (from being dropped). I'm guessing my warranty is not going to be honored? Should have paid for the insurance.
    12-30-09 05:52 PM
    Sorry about the link failing. It comes up with a search of the site but somehow the link fails going straight in. Beats me.
    12-30-09 06:08 PM
    Try taking out battery out of the phone for 12 hours and see.
    12-30-09 08:31 PM
    Are u sure its not nuked?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 08:54 PM
    Should I leave the charger hooked up with the battery out?

12-30-09 09:35 PM
    And no I don't think its nuked because I should get some response from the BB or the pc right?

12-30-09 09:39 PM
    I've had this problem before
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bol...t-turn-368058/

i basically fried my phone using the wrong charger in my car and at&t replaced me with a new one
    12-30-09 09:39 PM
    leave the battery out for a day without plugged in. Sometimes if the internal battery runs down it will reset the phone. I've fixed about 5 bolds simply by leaving the battery out. I check it after 12 hours. If nothing happens then leave it out for another 12.
    12-31-09 08:34 AM
    I think you should take it back. What's the worst that could happen, they say NO. Besides scuff marks are common, and unless you have some serious gouges, they should take it under warranty. I would check the water damage sticker before hand though, just to be sure. But it sounds to me like a battery issue. Have you tried putting in a battery from a friends bold? I just got a hand-me-down bold from my uncle and was asked to get it ready for my stepmom, but it wouldn't turn on. I put my battery in it and it started right up, but his battery wouldn't start mine. So I left his battery in my bold and on the charger for 12 hours, now it's fine. If you try someone else's battery it will confirm my idea and indentify the issue. If not then I would suggest taking it in for warranty work.

So you've already connected to DM and it's not recognizing it?
    01-02-10 08:11 AM
    I took it in to the AT&T corp store. I realized earlier in the day that I bought the phone refurbished, and it only carried a 90 day warranty. Doh. So I asked them to see if they could do anything. We tried a brand new battery and there was still no response. I guess something just went.

So I ended up buying a 9700. Not happy about spending ANOTHER $200, but I figured I might as well get the latest and greatest. Probably going to opt for the insurance for this one too.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, but my Bold just could not be saved I guess.
    01-04-10 08:30 PM
    I will buy your dead bold and fix it pm with price

01-04-10 08:45 PM
    Thanks for the offer, but I have confidential data on the device that was never password protected or encrypted. The device will have to be destroyed. I've learned my lesson with my new one.

01-05-10 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD