I was hoping to get some help on the latest apps for tracking distance, path, etc. for running. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
    12-30-09 01:40 PM
    gpsed is free and works great.
    12-30-09 01:49 PM
    Looks like a nifty little program!
    12-30-09 02:35 PM
    I use AllSport and track all my runs with it. Click on the link in my signature if you want to see the info I gather from AllSport.

If you click on the map it will take you to Trimble Outdoors or you should be able to get a trial of AllSport on BB App World. Trust me its the best for running, I've ran over 1,000 miles with AllSport and never had an issue! It will auto upload your run to Trimble Outdoors website for you to keep track of performance or your friends to see.
    12-30-09 03:51 PM
    I like Tripometer. There are two versions--a lite version, and a pro version. I am using the lite version, and it works pretty well for me.
    12-30-09 04:07 PM
    Took a look at Allsport and while it does look nice, it really sucks that the BlackBerry version is a monthly fee versus Droid/iPhone, which is one flat fee.
    12-30-09 04:18 PM
    Took a look at Allsport and while it does look nice, it really sucks that the BlackBerry version is a monthly fee versus Droid/iPhone, which is one flat fee.
    Sorry, but you're Wrong! It's $19.99 per year on BlackBerry App World or $27.99 per year on Trimble Outdoors. Don't sweat it! I'm glad you're wrong; it would suck being a monthly subscription!

To install a free 60 day trial over the air, navigate with your BlackBerry web browser to GPS applications for BlackBerry - Free Trial - Trimble Outdoors or get the 7 Day Free Trial from BlackBerry App World!

I'm sure you'll decide you like it well before the 60 day trial is up, unless of course you neglect to run!

Moreover, this is what your public profile page will look like on Trimble Outdoors, after you start running with AllSport and share your runs, they will be available for friends and family to see. AllSport is designed for runners; not trip tracking while traveling!

Hope this helps,
    Chris
    12-30-09 05:30 PM
    check out gps logger - freeware and updated regularly with new features.

Here's today's ski trip stats:

Total Distance: 7.71mi
    Total Time: 3:48:23
    Max Speed: 10.0mph
    � Speed: 2.0mph
    Max Elevation: 3795ft
    Min Elevation: 2352ft

And, if you picture the terrain covered with snow - the exported track in GoogleEarth
    12-30-09 07:07 PM
    Sorry, but you're Wrong! It's $19.99 per year on BlackBerry App World or $27.99 per year on Trimble Outdoors.
    OK...so its an annual fee rather than monthly...You say tomato,
    12-30-09 07:53 PM
    How about BiM Active, I just downloaded it today and began using it. It automatically saves your run/walk/bike ride info to a personalized site. It has a feature called Personal Live tracking where you can give a password to friends to view your location on a map. It is in App World and it is free.
    12-30-09 09:17 PM
    BIM or BIM for 95xx, AllSport and even GPSLogger will all work for you. It's whatever you like the most, I say try them all. As you know I prefer AllSport and I've tried all of the above and then some.

I also upload my AllSport GPX file to runtracker.runnersworld.com which is what BIM active uploads to. I just prefer AllSport, but like the extra info I get for my blog from runtracker.runnersworld.com. The mile splits are what I really appreciate! Even when Trimble implements a mile splits chart to their site for AllSport runs...I'll still keep making use of all the Runner's World charts and graphs.

I don't know if AllSport is a yearly subscription on BlackBerry App World? It may be a "one time fee" I find nothing about a subscription on BlackBerry App World. If you deviate from BlackBerry App World BIM comes with a price. BIM for BlackBerry on HANDMARK.

Try all three,
    Chris

P.S., Please let me know what you like the best if you do try all three?
    Last edited by SplinterCell; 12-30-09 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added some links to BIM and GPSLogger
    12-30-09 10:23 PM
    I noticed that BiM is a pay app on some other sites, even the BiM Active faq's say it is a 5.99 monthly. But if it is downloaded from App World it states that it is free forever. I also don't see anything about Allsport GPS being a subscription price, just seems to be a one time 19.95 fee.
    12-31-09 07:53 PM
    I have been using Sportypal for several months now and love it (mostly). They have been putting out updates with great features. It's integrated with their online site and includes a community of users. Trackes position, eleveation, speed, time, calories, etc...

Free (so far - not sure for how long as I can't see how they make money without charging or advertising).
    01-02-10 03:59 AM
    I just downloaded SportyPal 1.2.2 version, still free with some new options
    03-15-10 03:59 AM
    New SportyPal signed version that is compatible with:

BB 8800
    BB 8820
    BB 8830 World Edition
    BB 8900 Curve
    BB 9000
    BB 9700 Bold
    BB Bold 9000
    BB Bold 9650
    BB Curve 8310
    BB Pearl 3G 9100
    BB Pearl 3G 9105
    BB Pearl 8110
    BB storm 9500
    BB Storm 9530
    BB storm2 9520
    BB storm2 9550
    BB tour 9630

SportyPal Download | Download your free iPhone, Android, Windows mobile, Blackberry, Nokia application

Additional changes in v1.2.4 for Blackberry:
    - The app is now signed. This version should eliminate two issues:
    1) The registration and uploads used to only work on phones with a wifi connection. It should now work on all phones and any kind of internet connection (wifi/carrier/BES etc).
    2) We�re hoping that the �GPS Not Allowed� error will be now gone � at least on phones/carriers where other 3rd party apps can use GPS.
    05-06-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD