Hey everyone!

I am new to the forum and I have a problem with my BB Storm 9530 (Verizon).
    I unlocked the phone in order to use it in Austria with my GSM carrier. The problem is that under OPTIONS - SMS TEXT I do not have the option to turn the SMS delivery report off. I have to pay for every single delivery report that I receive and therefore I really want to turn that option off

I already tried different OS, but I still do not get the option

Would be awesome if someone of you would have a solution for the problem.
    12-30-09 09:50 AM
    Dont own 1 myself but this is what the manual said and that might apply to your situation

Request delivery notification for all SMS text messages
    Depending on your wireless service provider, this option might not appear.
    1. In the device options, click SMS.
    2. Set the Delivery Reports field to On.
    3. Press the Menu key.
    12-30-09 10:12 AM
    You might want to call your carrier customer service and ask them to turn that off for you.
    12-30-09 10:45 AM
    Thanks for your answer!
    Non of these solutions work for me

I thought about that:
    What happens if I put an OS from another carrier (5.0.0.419 from MTS) on my BB. Would there be then the possibility that the option is available?
    12-30-09 11:08 AM
    Thanks for your answer!
    Non of these solutions work for me

I thought about that:
    What happens if I put an OS from another carrier (5.0.0.419 from MTS) on my BB. Would there be then the possibility that the option is available?
    Won't make a difference. the option is not in there for MTS
    12-30-09 12:06 PM
    Is there any OS that I can put on my 9530 that includes the option to turn the SMS delivery reports off?
    01-04-10 06:31 AM
    I believe its carrier based and has nothing to do with the phone. A short while ago Verizon "thought" it would be a good idea to stop sms conformation. You never realize how nice it is til its gone. I think that stunt lasted about a week if it was that long. That being said if verizon is doing it then you shouldnt be charged an extra text for the conformation, and if you are then look to Verizon for help. (Or whoever your carrier is)
    01-04-10 08:24 AM
    Hmmmm, I already called my carrier but they said that they could not turn it off...
    01-04-10 08:41 AM
    probably not something they can do on a subscriber by subscriber basis. You should inquire about the charges then. I don't think they should be charging you for the delivery conformation text.
    01-04-10 11:56 AM
    Did you get a resolution to the delivery report problem?
    I have the same problem also with a Verizon handset. My belief is that it is the Verizon Firmware which is the problem. (Locked by Verizon) I am tempted to nuke the unit and reinstall firmware. (or have someone do it for me) It would cost me $50 here in Australia but I spent $150 in delivery reports in eight months last year.
    If there is another solution I would love to hear it.
    01-21-10 03:33 AM
    You guys should probably have gotten the 9500 model instead of the 9530. $20 says the option is there for the 9500 users.
    01-21-10 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD