OK folks, I need your honest opinion. It's upgrade time for me. I have struggled with the Blackberry Storm. This after using my ever-dependable Curve. But I like a touchscreen. Thought about going with the Droid, but I like the BB communities, messaging groups, and bb camaraderie

My question, If I go to the Storm 2, is there enough there to make me forget the toils I experienced with the Storm 1 ?

Thank you for all of your input. I will be upgrading by the end of the year (1 day from this posting). So I need quick answers.
    Last edited by lsb3user; 12-30-09 at 02:02 AM.
    12-30-09 01:46 AM
    Based on what I have seen here on CB, yes. I also have some very happy friends that upgraded from the storm to storm 2. Of course you could always wait for the essex
    12-30-09 01:49 AM
    I had the Storm 1....
    sent it back....
    got the Tour, love it, but sorely missed the larger/touch screen....
    got the Storm 2 anyway and love it even more.

Storm 2 fixes a lot of the issues in Storm 1. I can FLY on the keyboard(s). The OS for touch is ever improving, especially with build 5.0.0.428 Pop up letters are pretty cool. Nice to have that option.

And I also looked at it like this, even though the Bold 9700 is the "flagship" BlackBerry, all the new stuff coming down the pike will be for the Storm 2. The OpenGL stuff, etc. I think all the newer features will just look better on the Storms as well. (i.e. whatever widgets get developed)

JMHO,

-Me
    12-30-09 01:53 AM
    Did you ever put OS5 on your Storm 1? If not you would have noticed that it was a whole new phone.
    But that does not answer your question. I wanted a Storm 2 so bad I went and paid full price for it, as my upgrade would not come up until 2011.
    Since doing this I have not had one teeny tiny iota of remorse, this thing is awesome. The 256MB of application memory makes a world of difference. My only 2 complaints about the Storm 2 is why didnt RIM wait and put it out as the Storm 1, and why doesnt RIM wake up and let the device manage its own memory. Because I tell the phone to store everything on the 16GB SD card the phone has 1.8GB of memory that would be awesome if it could turn 1GB of that into application memory.
    12-30-09 02:52 AM
    Thank you everuone for your reply.

LS
    01-02-10 08:44 AM
    I gad the storm 1 and that was a horror. When I upgraded to the storm 2 man what a major difference there was I also installed the leaked OS .428 it has an option in screen settings to put on pop up keys which I love to have on it. One of my favorite improvement with the storm 2 is the touch screen technology it blow me away love it very much :-)
    01-02-10 08:54 AM
    OP, what did you decide to do? Did you get the Droid or the S2, and how's it working for you?
    01-02-10 09:45 AM
    get the droid don't get the droid. What they heck. Go to the store play with both and get the one you like the best. The droid is nice the S2 is nicer than the S1.

Just pick one already.
    01-02-10 09:47 AM
    I did play with both phones, over and over again. I read the reviews, asked for opinions. By the time this is written I have already made a decision and purchased the Storm 2. I used the Internet pricing to get mine and it should be here by 1/5. Oh trust me. I checked out every little detail. At this point I am going with the Storm 2 because of the Blackberry reputation and following. And as I said earlier BB is a community with family and friends. My niece got the iphone. Maybe she got a bad one, but her opinion was so negative that she went back to her Bold. Not to mention the BB aura (sounds spooky Huh?). Anyway thanks for all of your input. Understand this, if I don't see a marked improvement, I will give it back to Verizon. Hey I like Romans 1:16.
    01-04-10 08:46 AM
    ok folks. I got the Storm 2. Wow! This should have been the original storm. Everything you wanted in the first one and more... My only complaint is the the browser is not quite as fast as I would like, but it is quicker than the original storm. I don't have that battery pull issue like I did either.
    01-14-10 10:35 PM
    "BB Aura" Sounds like a good codename for a new BB.
    01-14-10 10:59 PM
    Go with the BlackBerry. You won't be disappointed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD