hey guys, do you recommend I download this update to my phone? and if yes, are there any special steps that I need to do to make sure everything works 100%?

Thank you!
    12-29-09 11:05 AM
    im running .405 official from at&t and it works great
    12-29-09 11:27 AM
    That's the new official carrier OS for T-Mobile??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 12:21 PM
    I have been running .423 for the past few days and have not had a single problem. I am in the UK though, very stable and the battery life has been brilliant.
    12-29-09 12:23 PM

.405 is from AT&T. T-Mobile is still using .330 I believe. .423 works fine on T-Mobile.
    12-29-09 12:24 PM
    .423 has been very good and stable. Not had to do a battery pull ever since installing it.
    12-29-09 12:30 PM
    I installed the .423 on my T-Mo device. To be honest, I can't tell the difference. One of our Mods said the next version has very good power management and longer battery life. I'm sure you got the info sheet I did saying T-Mo was releasing an OS upgrade soon. Anyway, it's up to you if you want to install .423, I don't notice any difference but it is a stable build, and I have been accused of being a bit dense at times, .

12-29-09 12:30 PM
    hey guys, do you recommend I download this update to my phone? and if yes, are there any special steps that I need to do to make sure everything works 100%?

Thank you!
    Been running 423 for a week on Tmobile and no issues whatsoever. Seamless operation. However, waiting for 435 rumored to have exceptional battery/power management....
    12-29-09 12:31 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, but any idea when tmobile will release an official os update? Seems like t-mobile is the slowest at releasing new updates.

12-29-09 12:42 PM
    does anybody have any info on an official tmobile update?
    12-29-09 12:45 PM
    .423 put myFaves back on the phone. The only problem I encountered was a conflict with the pictures I had for myFaves. I kept getting an SMS from TMO about it so I deleted the pics and all is well. I always hid the myFaves anyway so it's not a big deal for me.

.423 also added Audio Postcard that doesn't work.
    12-29-09 12:50 PM
    I'm on .421. Not sure if there's enough to upgrade.
    12-29-09 12:55 PM
    Works gr8t on my 9700 with TMO. To be honest, I has used mine with .330 for the first few days and then upgraded to .344. No major performance diffirent that I can tell. I did it to get a hang of it and to add East Asia language inputs to it.

Again, I do not notice any major performance different between .344 and .423, except a few newer applications of which you can update each through BB AppWorld anyway.
    12-29-09 12:58 PM
    I'm on .421. Not sure if there's enough to upgrade.
    There isn't... so I wouldn't bother

.421 and .423 are identical (even the same platform number), except .421 doesn't have the East Asia package.
    12-29-09 01:14 PM

does anybody have any info on an official tmobile update?
    .330 is the current TMO version. Over the past 2 years they seem to lag way behind everyone else when it comes to releasing an OS upgrade.

You can always go here to check for the current official version. Unsupported Browser
    12-29-09 01:28 PM
    .330 is the current TMO version. Over the past 2 years they seem to lag way behind everyone else when it comes to releasing an OS upgrade.

You can always go here to check for the current official version. Unsupported Browser
    if u notice they also lag behind on everything else (3G, new phone releases)

but ne ways i just upgraded to .423 and i did notice my memory is a bit more free than before. also like someone else said it added audio postcard...which starts up the camera and there is no icon for it except like a application error icon. as for speed i have not been with it long enough to see the performance.
    12-29-09 01:35 PM

but ne ways i just upgraded to .423 and i did notice my memory is a bit more free than before. also like someone else said it added audio postcard...which starts up the camera and there is no icon for it except like a application error icon. as for speed i have not been with it long enough to see the performance.
    First you take a picture, then record a note, and then MMS it out to your BFF with a "Wish you were here!"
    12-29-09 02:23 PM

I have an icon for it on my 9700

First you take a picture, then record a note, and then MMS it out to your BFF with a "Wish you were here!"
    I can do everything except get it to send. I get failed error each time.
    12-29-09 02:51 PM
    I've been running .423 for about a week and haven't had any problems. Power management is good - no errors or lockups thus far.
    12-29-09 03:49 PM
    i found this one to be kinda laggy and the browser isn't as fast as .405
    12-29-09 04:04 PM
    So far, 423 has been bliss, as good as .330. Big contrast from the problems I had with .421.

12-29-09 07:16 PM
    Virtually all of these OS upgrades are much ado about nothing. I've yet to see an upgraded OS that really accomplished much. And about the best most people claim is that any new OS put up here is "snappier" which is pretty meaningless.

The time I'll jump to do an OS change is when someone tells me that a new 5.0 OS gets rid of that horrible threaded SMS garbage. Then I'll immediately upgrade.
    12-29-09 09:11 PM
    i do notice one thing on OS is that bbm has a 5 sec delay wen i hit enter after i type a message
    12-29-09 10:02 PM
    Running .423 on T-Mobile. So far it seems fairly stable, and seems to hold onto Wi-Fi/UMA better than .405 did.
    12-29-09 10:32 PM
    I am sorry if this is not the place...

I have been having a issue deleting SMS conversations that have 500-600 or maybe more messages in them. When I try to delete it locks my phone up for approximately 5 minutes and then says that messaging.api has crashed or something to that effect. I don't think its the same SMS issue that was stickied at the top. Sometimes it deletes the large conversations, but usually locks phone up for a extended period and returns the error. Point in matter is, does anyone have any idea if any of these OS update releases might incorporate some kind of fix? Its a pain deleting large conversations because usually in order to get SMS to work correctly phone must be restarted. I don't know if this is just a 9700 issue or not, but with OS 5.0 on my 8900 it done the same thing.

Anyone have any idea if this is a known issue with any possible fix? Other than I stop letting conversations get so large lol

Thanks,

Blaine
    12-29-09 10:56 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD