I finally got it, and I must say I am impressed. The build quality is phenomenal and the soft touch plastics make it feel like the whole phone is made from very high end materials. Here are the pics, taken by my other 9700, so the quality is obviously not top notch.
    12-29-09 10:08 AM
    Great job!. Looks very sleek and sexy .
    The red bb logo is gnarly
    12-29-09 10:11 AM
    is the whole thing rubberized?
    12-29-09 10:25 AM
    I like the slick look of the black but if I was going to pay that much for a colorware job it would have to have a little more pop to it.

Nice job though.
    12-29-09 10:45 AM
    is the whole thing rubberized?
    I wanted to ask that as well.. looks very rubberized. If so, doesn't seem that great to me really.. looks more cheap now
    12-29-09 10:49 AM
    so is it worth it? I was looking at the colorware site today. $159 is a good chunk of change.

And then is the $10 extra worth the soft touch? Thanks!
    12-29-09 10:50 AM
    Looks like you have to lose the faux leather backing to get it Colorware'd up. That's intimidating for me. My main fear is what happens if this device of mine ends up being defective like my last one. I don't wanna lose that custom paint job.
    12-29-09 10:51 AM
    I finally got it, and I must say I am impressed. The build quality is phenomenal and the soft touch plastics make it feel like the whole phone is made from very high end materials. Here are the pics, taken by my other 9700, so the quality is obviously not top notch.
    niks1,

Very nice job!

I ordered mine last week. Can I ask how long did it take for you to get yours?

Also, was is as simple as the video makes it out to be?

Thanks & Enjoy!

Nathan
    12-29-09 11:07 AM
    Looks like you have to lose the faux leather backing to get it Colorware'd up. That's intimidating for me. My main fear is what happens if this device of mine ends up being defective like my last one. I don't wanna lose that custom paint job.
    order the parts and install yourself, that way you can remove it as you please
    12-29-09 11:15 AM
    order the parts and install yourself, that way you can remove it as you please
    Just saw that option on their site and got excited. How long has that been available?

Now my dilemma involves justifying a $200 purchase for some colored plastic parts.
    12-29-09 11:17 AM
    Now THAT is a murdered out Blackberry! Love it!
    12-29-09 11:22 AM
    looks really good
    12-29-09 11:23 AM
    The soft touch plastic actually makes it feel much nicer in hand than the standard one. It feels like plastics used in high-end Audis, if that makes sense to anyone. Definitely worth the extra $$$.

I really like it much better, but that is just my opinion. It took two weeks to get it.

BTW, the logo is orange, not red. It's a nod to my orangemen.
    12-29-09 11:38 AM
    I think it looks REALLY good. I know the "plastics" you type of in the Audi. Nice way to start the new year!
    12-29-09 12:06 PM
    Looks very nice.. the soft touch especially.
    12-29-09 12:51 PM
    like the black but not sure about the soft touch.
    12-30-09 12:06 AM
    very nice, i wish I could do this to mine
    12-30-09 12:10 AM
    wow awesome. i love the feel of rubberized plastic.

i wish i had the kind of money to do something like this. i would only be able to afford the phone. im jealous! enjoy it
    12-30-09 01:46 AM
    That's sick man
    12-30-09 02:19 AM
    I think it looks REALLY good. I know the "plastics" you type of in the Audi. Nice way to start the new year!
    I just put the phone next to the engine start button in my S8 and the plastic is identical. Maybe that's why I like it so much. I had a shiny plastic colorware 8900 and I must say that this feels much nicer. Also, the shiny plastic really scratches easily, so if anyone is looking at that option, keep in mind you will attract scratches like crazy.
    12-30-09 04:50 AM
    S8

Pics?

10 char
    12-30-09 06:59 AM
    you know as much as i love the look of this and what colorware does, i disagree 100% with the ability to NOT remove there logo from the paint job... i'm sorry but if i am paying 200+ for a painted case i dont want some companies logo on my device

there should be an option to have it not there....

i know some of you are going to say well its so others know what it is... if they like the job that much and they ask, the person will tell them...

anyways its like me getting my car painted and it have a huge *** logo from the paint shop on the rear bumper... see my point?

tho like i was saying its does look good!
    12-30-09 07:45 AM
    you know as much as i love the look of this and what colorware does, i disagree 100% with the ability to NOT remove there logo from the paint job... i'm sorry but if i am paying 200+ for a painted case i dont want some companies logo on my device

there should be an option to have it not there....

i know some of you are going to say well its so others know what it is... if they like the job that much and they ask, the person will tell them...

anyways its like me getting my car painted and it have a huge *** logo from the paint shop on the rear bumper... see my point?

tho like i was saying its does look good!
    The logo on the Colorware piece is actually different. It has little holes and the orange is underneath somehow. Pretty sure if you choose the all black option, you wouldn't even see it. Anyway, the logo on my leatherback 9700 has the 'stickers' on it, and, just my opinion, that looks worse.
    12-30-09 08:22 AM
    Pics?

10 char
    Coming soon...
    12-30-09 08:22 AM
    Very much awesome.

I know I could go to the colorware site and find this out myself, but I'm gonna ask here first. Are there other colors available in the soft-touch material?
    12-30-09 08:24 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD