I am still waiting to see when O2 bring out the 9700 and the plans/deals they have to offer existing customers. I just wondered if anyone has heard any news on the release date? I was told the 26th (been and gone) and also the 4th. Picked up a magazine in store and it shows the phone as coming soon, which i think is a pretty positive thing, as at least it's been aknowledged now lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 05:54 AM
    Are you still under contract to O2 UK? If not look around at the other networks, compare price plans to say what O2 offer on the 9000.

Out of interest, about a year ago, I compared my Orange deal with my 9000 to what O2 and Vodafone offered. O2 wouldn't even attempt to match my deal and Vodafone said what I pay Orange �36 for they wanted �52 for.

Also compare insurance deals to. Orange offer next day replacement, Vodafone give you a pathetic loan phone and send away your phone. My g/f has a 9000 with Vodafone, they sent her phone away for 5 days and sent it back exactly the same and refuse to acknowledge this fact! You don't get that with Orange.

Even if you do decide to stay with O2 at least you'd have price comparisons to bargain with O2 with.

12-29-09 06:01 AM
    I've got a 9700 on o2, but I went through a 3rd party to get it
    12-29-09 08:16 AM
    if and when they do it'll be similar plans to T-mobile I would guess. Approx �35 inc VAT base plan with an absolute ton of free calls and txts included and then about �5 for your email plan. But I think O2 will be better for the data useage as T-mobile charge �1 a day unless you get their add on which is about �7 a month, doesn't sound to bad but their fair use policy is shocking, they shut you down without warning after only a minimal useage so I try and use wifi as much as possible to avoid that happening, so O2 will hopefully offer a larger fair useage policy.
    12-29-09 08:51 AM
    I gave up mate and went with Orange. CAnnot complain, I got 900 minutes, 500 texts and unlimited data package for �35 a month for 24 months with 12 of those half price. so overall I am paying in the region of �25 a month.
    12-29-09 09:53 AM
    Wow Ninja you got a great deal then with Orange. I wonder if I could get similar with them. I think I might start playing them off against each other. Can't get vodaphone signal here really, so it's only a choice between orange and o2. Thing I didn't like about orange is they branded their phones and o2 didn't at the time of switching but I believe the 9700 will have an o2 logo on it. Maybe sim free is the better choice this time round.

12-29-09 03:29 PM
    i too was holding out for o2 (was a 5-year O2 customer), had one look at the vodafone deals, got my 9700 and have never looked back. O2 just can't match the deals, and with their current network crumbling under the weight of the iPhone, i'd recommend looking at other options...
    12-29-09 05:08 PM
    Wow Ninja you got a great deal then with Orange. I wonder if I could get similar with them. I think I might start playing them off against each other. Can't get vodaphone signal here really, so it's only a choice between orange and o2. Thing I didn't like about orange is they branded their phones and o2 didn't at the time of switching but I believe the 9700 will have an o2 logo on it. Maybe sim free is the better choice this time round.

Yes I think I got a good deal too mate but I never got my contract direct off Orange (I also suffer from allergic reactions to branded mobile phones!! I hate them) I got mine off :

Mobile Phones - Best Mobile Phone Deals on Orange, O2, T-Mobile, 3, Vodafone

remember to go through a cashback website to get another �50 off!

happy days...my seidio case and cahrger came today as well....

I love my BB 9700.
    Last edited by NinjaXP; 12-30-09 at 10:38 AM.
    12-30-09 05:32 AM
    You're a legend, cheers.

12-30-09 06:25 AM
    i was waiting and waiting and waiting for an upgrade on O2 but just today went with orange

900 mins and unlimited texts with BB Bundle and 30 Friends and Family discount = �28.22 a month for 18 months

hope it comes tomorrow
    12-30-09 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD