Last week, I upgraded the OS on my Storm 9530 (Verizon) to .419. I had just gotten everything 'tuned' almost perfectly with .328, including the BBBrowser loading pages at a pretty good clip (especially considering my weak VZW signals of -100 dbm and worse). Unfortunately, after upgrading to .419, my signals seem even weaker and slower. Has anyone else experienced this degradation with .419? Is there something less compatible in .419 with Verizon (since it's not a VZW-sanctioned upgrade)? And is there any way to get back just the radio file (whatever that is - I've heard it mentioned) from .328 and load just that file back into my Storm?
    12-29-09 04:25 AM
    I don't think it's the fact that it's not a Verizon OS, it's the fact that different radios have different signal strengths (Weird, I know). Have you tried updating your roaming capabilities via *22899? (the same as *228 option 2) That may help get you a better signal. From what I've seen people claim that .419 has a better radio than .328, but I haven't noticed any differences (mainly because I don't pay any attention lol).
    12-29-09 01:38 PM
    .419 is a bad radio for my phone...prolly the worst since 148 which was the absolute worst for me.

i can barely get 5 bars and am on 1xev most of the time. i keep on saying i am going to drop back to 328 but am holding on...for what...i dont know???
    12-29-09 02:26 PM
    Latest *22899 update put my PRL to 51730, and I seem to be getting better radio. But I noticed I had a different CDMA Channel than my wife's identical Storm. I'm on Channel 507, she's on 536 or something. Is this hard-coded to the device or can this be changed? She's always gotten much better signals (though her touch screen's harder to use - guess it evens out LOL).

.419 is a bad radio for my phone...prolly the worst since 148 which was the absolute worst for me.

i can barely get 5 bars and am on 1xev most of the time. i keep on saying i am going to drop back to 328 but am holding on...for what...i dont know???
    12-30-09 03:18 AM
    I noticed this too when I first upgraded to .419, thought it was just me so I reloaded it, but then I found out that BES/BIS were down that day. After service was restored I did a *228 and everything seems to be ok. I'd say the radio is similar to .328. The browser does load pages a bit faster most of the time. For the most part I'm happy with this OS.
    12-30-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD