sprint just released theOS 5 for their BB Curves 8530 would i be ableto install this on my 8330m and would it work
    12-28-09 11:54 PM
    No, the OS is device specific. There is currently no available 5.0 OS for the 8330m.
    12-29-09 12:02 AM
    or the 8330 ;/

stupid sprint and verizon
    12-29-09 02:10 AM
    Official List of BlackBerry Devices to Get OS 5.0 Update | CrackBerry.com

I heard it's going to be a year end release. Again, I take it with a grain of salt, as this is just a rumor until it comes to fruition!

"In order to optimize the BlackBerry smartphone user experience with BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, BlackBerry smartphones must have more than 64MB of memory to support this version of BlackBerry Device Software. BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 is targeted to be supported by Research In Motion on the above noted BlackBerry smart-phones." Taken from an article in regards to the 5.0 RIM OS update.
    Last edited by Kepeli; 12-29-09 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Amendment
    12-29-09 03:31 AM
    And if it is anywhere near as bloated as the Beta 5.0 that was leaked, then you will be seriously short on memory for running apps, even after trimming it to the bone with shrink a os.
    12-29-09 05:44 AM
    I am using the 5.0 Hybrid and it is awesome. Just go to Nathanix.com and download. The threaded SMS is worth it. Version 6.5 was very fast and smooth! Just loaded V7 and it seems a little laggy and much more memory leak. I may go back to V6.5.
    12-29-09 10:15 AM
    I am using the 5.0 Hybrid and it is awesome. Just go to Nathanix.com and download. The threaded SMS is worth it. Version 6.5 was very fast and smooth! Just loaded V7 and it seems a little laggy and much more memory leak. I may go back to V6.5.
    Can you give me a link to 6.5?
    All I see is 7 on the site.
    12-29-09 11:06 AM
    And if it is anywhere near as bloated as the Beta 5.0 that was leaked, then you will be seriously short on memory for running apps, even after trimming it to the bone with shrink a os.
    True that! I am not a theme addict, as I only have one app (Precision Theme) and I still might be 'just making' the fit. But then again, if there's memory leaks and such, it might not be worth the upgrade. I am lucky in that all my business needs from this Curve are already in it. So, if 5.0 comes out, cool, I might give it a go. Otherwise, I'm not going to be hysterical if I cannot have it. 4.5.0.138 does everything I need it to do.
    12-30-09 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD