OK here is the deal. Saw a used but in good shape blackberry on craigslist. My girlfriend is looking for a cheap BB to use so she can get her emails on it. the lady said it worked fine but it just stopped working all the sudden. She said no red light or anything comes on and will not power up. Any ideas what it might be, could a new battery and a software restore possibly fix it?

TIA

-Zack
    12-28-09 09:42 PM
    If it's dead, there's no telling what it could be. When it's plugged into a charger, the battery symbol would tell you it's charge is depleted, but leaving it to charge would only tell you something if it takes one. 507 will tell you the OS is wrecked, but if there's a chipset issue, it won't take an install. I'd buy it for $20, and take your chances.

From all the TBLers, to our CrackBerrian brethren.
    May God bless you and yours during this holiday season.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:49 PM
    Sounds like the purchase was made already.

It's easy to mess a BB up by dropping it, often with no obvious physical damage. Good luck.
    12-28-09 09:53 PM
    if you are up to signing a 2 year contract (plan including: phone, message, data) then Verizon is selling the Curve for $29.99 online. It'll be new and under warranty. Taking your chances with an old device without the warranty might not be worth it. If she is on another plan already from either Verizon, Sprint or another carrier, then I'd suggest she wait for her upgrade or maybe look for another device that actually works. Then, have the owner meet you guys at the carrier where you guys can verify it works, unlock the PIN, and then have the carrier switch numbers and activate the device. Good luck.
    12-29-09 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD