Can anyone help me with BerryWeather? I just purchased the app and it is successfully installed, but I can�t seem to get the weather icon on my home screen. I remember there being a thread recently regarding this, but can�t seem to find it when I search �BerryWeather��

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
    12-28-09 05:39 PM
    In BerryWeather - click the BB button, Settings -> Homescreen Wallpaper -> check the "Enable Homescreen Wallpaper" setting.
    12-28-09 05:56 PM
    also make sure you are downloading the correct OS version. If your phone is running 5.0, make sure you download the 5.0 version. If you are running 4.7......you get the point.

To be sure you are downloading the right version you can go to bellshare.com/berryweather and click the corisponding OS link.

Good luck!
    12-28-09 06:00 PM
    In BerryWeather - click the BB button, Settings -> Homescreen Wallpaper -> check the "Enable Homescreen Wallpaper" setting.
    I'm looking to just get the icon in the top corner and not the entire home screen...Is this possible?
    12-28-09 06:06 PM
    They give you placement options, but I'm not sure that includes top of page.
    12-28-09 06:39 PM
    For the top corner, you would want to select a theme that has the weather slot in that place. My homescreen wallpaper option does not work either. I have been working the bellshare forum to try and find a fix. I have done reinstalls, battery pulls and everything else under the sun. It has to do with the berryweather.jpg file that the program puts in your device memory. It is used to create the homescreen wallpaper. Mine is always 0.0 KB, which means the program is not writing to this file.

I will report back if I hear anything from the bellshare forum.
    12-28-09 07:15 PM
    I am having a problem with berryweather's homescreen icon. It is showing an umbrella icon, which I assume is rain. Well trust me... it aint rainin in Michigan this time of year.

I have noticed that once it gets on the umbrella it wont change. The only way to change it is to remove the icon from slot #1 (weather slot on my theme) and then move it back. But once the umbrella comes I have to do the same process over again.

Any ideas?
    12-28-09 07:39 PM
    Usually the umbrella only shows up when the program is first booted. Once you do a refresh it should stay on the current sky status. Have you tried a fresh install from the bellshare website? Make sure to copy down your registration key if you delete then reinstall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:00 PM
    Usually the umbrella only shows up when the program is first booted. Once you do a refresh it should stay on the current sky status. Have you tried a fresh install from the bellshare website? Make sure to copy down your registration key if you delete then reinstall.

I was playing arund with this. Like the post above states, the only time the umbrella usually showes up is the first time you boot up BerryWeather. I also found that if, when you are trying to close the actual berryweather app, you click menu>shut down berryweather instead of menu>close, the umbrella will again re appear. Are you sure you arnt clicking on shut down berryweather when trying to close the app??

Just curious.
    12-29-09 01:58 PM
    I am having a problem with berryweather's homescreen icon. It is showing an umbrella icon, which I assume is rain. Well trust me... it aint rainin in Michigan this time of year.

I have noticed that once it gets on the umbrella it wont change. The only way to change it is to remove the icon from slot #1 (weather slot on my theme) and then move it back. But once the umbrella comes I have to do the same process over again.

Any ideas?
    the red umbrella is the berryweather app icon. it's not updating on your homescreen because it's a bug in the 9550 OS...some app icons don't update depending on theme and OS. if you're on .428 it should update, stock .302 does not update most app icons (ie weather or meterberry, etc)
    12-29-09 02:32 PM
    Another thing to try if BW is not updating. Try changing the weather station. The station you are using may be down.
    12-29-09 02:45 PM
    anyone know how to get the Weather advisory notification icons to stop coming up, I dont care if I have 5 active advisories!!!!!
    12-29-09 08:28 PM
    I'm looking to just get the icon in the top corner and not the entire home screen...Is this possible?

I just figured this out tonight...open BW go to settings>Homescreen Wallpaper>at the top click to enable BW Homescreen>scroll to pick style left or right> set the back drop to none>top margin to 100 (I am using default Zen so setting to 100 allowed the BW icon to be below the Header)>left and right margin to 0 >then select your background image (this took awhile to navigate to my SD Card/Pic folder just keep at it)...then save and viola you have the BW icon on your home screen no matter what theme you have!
    I have mine set to update every 12 hours...enjoy!
    12-29-09 08:53 PM
    I just figured this out tonight...open BW go to settings>Homescreen Wallpaper>at the top click to enable BW Homescreen>scroll to pick style left or right> set the back drop to none>top margin to 100 (I am using default Zen so setting to 100 allowed the BW icon to be below the Header)>left and right margin to 0 >then select your background image (this took awhile to navigate to my SD Card/Pic folder just keep at it)...then save and viola you have the BW icon on your home screen no matter what theme you have!
    I have mine set to update every 12 hours...enjoy!
    One thing to remember when you pick pictures from the sd card - they may not work or show up if you have MassStorage mode enabled and the usb cable is plugged in. I had this issue with my personal wallpaper and could not figure out why the default RainbowBridge appeared every once in a while - I rebooted with the usb connected. I copied my wallpaper image to internal memory. I did the same with my AlarmClock ringtone - internal memory so it can sound even if the usb is connected.
    12-29-09 10:30 PM
    This might be off the topic but should berryweather be open at all times? If I look in my app launcher it show my normal five icons plus berryweather. I close it but never shut it down...thanks!

12-30-09 12:58 PM
    Another off topic question relating to BW.
    While setting the Home location, I noticed GPS.

If I am driving to another location, say 300 miles away, will the temperature location adjust automatically?
    12-30-09 01:08 PM
    This might be off the topic but should berryweather be open at all times? If I look in my app launcher it show my normal five icons plus berryweather. I close it but never shut it down...thanks!

If you open BW's menu system, there is an option somewhere in there to actually close it down. Otherwise, it is intended to remain active so you always have the most current weather conditions and alerts.
    12-30-09 06:52 PM
    Another off topic question relating to BW.
    While setting the Home location, I noticed GPS.

If I am driving to another location, say 300 miles away, will the temperature location adjust automatically?
    Yes, if you set a gps location, it will change depending on the gps - but you need a good signal from the gps.
    12-30-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD