I ordered the bezel and top piece from sw-box.com and it got here in 5 days. The top piece came with the speaker mesh already in place, and the connections for the mute/lock buttons already in place. It did not have the foam piece over the speaker mesh, or the foam strip that goes along the edge of the top piece right above the screen. I took those off my old top piece and put them in the new one, and I used a soldering iron to melt the tabs of the top piece onto the new bezel.

It wasn't hard to do, but the small tabs on the old and new bezels are pretty flimsy, so easily broken off. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and i saved the old bezel and top piece just in case I need to return the phone for warranty issues.

Also, the schmutzy parts on the corners of the screen are from my screen protector, I had messed it up previously and I am waiting for a new one to come in, so ignore that and all the fingerprints
    12-28-09 05:20 PM
    Nice!

Looks like you have a theme going on there....
    12-28-09 05:26 PM
    hahah, thats way sick. my wife would definitly approve
    12-28-09 05:27 PM
    Love it! I'm still OEM on my 9700 but I really want to change the bezel but I'm too much of a baby to change them out myself.
    12-28-09 05:41 PM
    looks good
    12-28-09 05:41 PM
    wow! looks nice. i like bright colors on phones and this one looks really good.
    12-28-09 05:42 PM
    Oh how Girly! It looks great can you get a pink battery door too?
    12-28-09 05:43 PM
    Love it! I'm still OEM on my 9700 but I really want to change the bezel but I'm too much of a baby to change them out myself.
    +1

I have a bad track record with taking things apart and putting them back together. I want to change my bezel to boring-black though.
    12-28-09 05:45 PM
    Very unique and nice.. But I like the stock look though, but then again, I'm a guy.
    12-28-09 05:45 PM
    I ordered the bezel and top piece from sw-box.com and it got here in 5 days. The top piece came with the speaker mesh already in place, and the connections for the mute/lock buttons already in place. It did not have the foam piece over the speaker mesh, or the foam strip that goes along the edge of the top piece right above the screen. I took those off my old top piece and put them in the new one, and I used a soldering iron to melt the tabs of the top piece onto the new bezel.

It wasn't hard to do, but the small tabs on the old and new bezels are pretty flimsy, so easily broken off. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and i saved the old bezel and top piece just in case I need to return the phone for warranty issues.

Also, the schmutzy parts on the corners of the screen are from my screen protector, I had messed it up previously and I am waiting for a new one to come in, so ignore that and all the fingerprints
    Nice!!!! black and pink go well together.
    12-28-09 05:48 PM
    Thats cute
    12-28-09 05:59 PM
    Looks good!
    12-28-09 06:15 PM
    I'm thinking about doing this to mine soon. Without the Solder iron, do the things fit perfectly still or what? I know cnn.cn products normally are OEM quality.
    12-28-09 06:36 PM
    Looks great. I've changed the bezel on my 8900 3 times with no problems but when I look at my 9700, (as much as I wanna change it) it looks harder from reading people's posts.
    12-28-09 06:38 PM
    not bad! great job on putting it together
    12-28-09 06:46 PM
    I'm thinking about doing this to mine soon. Without the Solder iron, do the things fit perfectly still or what? I know cnn.cn products normally are OEM quality.
    Melting the tabs is what keeps the top piece attached to the bezel. So you have to melt the tabs down with something.
    12-28-09 06:47 PM
    Oh how Girly! It looks great can you get a pink battery door too?
    True Supplier has a full metallic hot pink housing available, including the back cover. Personally, I find it a bit much, but if you are totally into the pink look, check it out.
    12-28-09 06:49 PM
    Go get the absolute.love theme from puresystems to go with it, it'll match your housing quite well.

EDIT: Just go to the themes section, it came out within the last few days.
    12-28-09 07:01 PM
    That does look sharp.. nicely done.
    12-28-09 07:03 PM
    Go get the absolute.love theme from puresystems to go with it, it'll match your housing quite well.

EDIT: Just go to the themes section, it came out within the last few days.
    Thanks

10char
    12-28-09 07:11 PM
    hi it looks great but were u able to get the top perfect with the buttons working fine?
    12-28-09 09:46 PM
    hi it looks great but were u able to get the top perfect with the buttons working fine?
    Yep, works perfectly and is all lined up.
    12-28-09 09:49 PM
    i see do you ahve any tips on that part?? I have tried previously and failed lol
    12-28-09 09:50 PM
    i see do you ahve any tips on that part?? I have tried previously and failed lol
    I just took my time lining things up before I melted the tabs. Other than than I don't have any suggestions, sorry.
    12-28-09 10:05 PM
    Very cute! I love your theme...where did u get it??
    12-28-09 10:53 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD