This may sound crazy but any of you that had the Curve prior to having your Tour....do you think the keys are different (and the curve keys were better?) I have a muscular issue to begin with and these keys kill my hands. I just find them harder to type with / more pressure must be applied than I did with the Curve. ... Anyone think the same thing? ... or should I be committed LOL

thanks
    12-28-09 02:48 PM
    I had a curve and LOVED it except for the keyboard. The keys were too loud and it was hard for me to get the right key. The tour keyboard is darn near perfect in feel and spacing IMHO

After getting the tour I did not miss my curve for long :-)

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 03:06 PM
    I went from a Curve to a Tour and find the Tour keyboard much easier to use. I have bad tendonitis in the wrists and this does not hurt as much.
    12-28-09 03:13 PM
    Ditto freekshow.

12-28-09 03:23 PM
    i have big fingers and have used both.

i can't type on the tour. the keys are to close together (for me)
    the spacing the curve has is just perfect

i think the flat/slanted keys vs rounded has something to do with it as well
    12-28-09 03:25 PM
    The keyboard is the #1 thing on the Tour that I can say is 100% worth the upgrade. Lots of other things too though.
    12-28-09 03:25 PM
    i have big fingers and have used both.

i can't type on the tour. the keys are to close together (for me)
    the spacing the curve has is just perfect

i think the flat/slanted keys vs rounded has something to do with it as well
    My father has the biggest hands on a man I've ever seen and he flies on the Tour. The majority who came from a Curve to a Tour, say what was said above, the keyboard is much better on the Tour...
    12-28-09 03:27 PM
    ditto to what everyone else said, I came from a Curve and am a proud Tour owner. The keyboard to me feels great. The Curve keys almost felt "cheap"
    12-28-09 03:29 PM
    ditto to what everyone else said, I came from a Curve and am a proud Tour owner. The keyboard to me feels great. The Curve keys almost felt "cheap"
    Agreed...

It took a bit to get used to the tours keyboard but now it's smooth typing...

12-28-09 03:51 PM
    I think the Tour keys have more of a learning curve no pun intended. And once you get "used" to the Tour keys, it becomes one of the greatest features on the device. I will be sad when I jump to the Droid, I will dearly miss the Tour's incredible keyboard.

12-28-09 04:03 PM
    Well I have had the Tour since release and have been trying to brainwash myself for months now that I like the Tour keyboard better than the Curve. I have finally come to the reality that I prefer the Curve keyboard much more than the Tour's. For whatever reason I simply make more typing errors on the Tour I could also type much faster on the Curve.
    12-28-09 04:27 PM
    Had the 8330.

Like the 9630 keyboard *much* better!

12-28-09 04:32 PM
    Ok i had an 8330 prior to my tour, the tour keys are much better quieter, a better feel. I always have trouble typing even on the curve because i have short fat fingers.
    12-28-09 05:19 PM
    The one thing I hated from my curve was the keyboard... especially after I tired out a friends Bold 9000.... This keyboard rocks
    12-28-09 05:26 PM
    I think the tour keys are easier to push. However that being said I prefer the curves keys. I can type equally fast on both I suppose its just a preference.

12-28-09 06:15 PM
    OMG the Curve keyboard infuriated me. I had a fellow student that sat next to me who kept constantly typing on her Curve in the middle of class. I almost flipped out on her to stop because it was driving me insane. Worst part was it was a 3 HOUR class, but in the end she ended up dropping the class so I was finally relieved. Going back on topic, I have fairly large hands and I don't have a problem with the Tour keyboard. I really think it just needs getting used to and adjusting your typing habits from a different keyboard. I cam from a Palm 755p, and it had a keyboard similar to the Curve, but took like a few days to adapt. Now I realize how disgustingly fast I type on my Tour.
    12-28-09 06:22 PM
    i wanna get a tour, so if i had the money id upgrade from my curve to a tour
    12-28-09 06:30 PM
    The Tour's keyboard is much better in my opinion.

12-28-09 06:43 PM
    I LOVE my Tour keyboard! That was and still is one of my favorite things about my phone The Curve keyboard slowly drove me insane. I agree, it felt cheap. The buttons were harder to press
    12-28-09 07:00 PM
    Oh man!! The Tour Keypad is 100% better than the curve, the sweetest keyboard of any device I've ever used, and I came from the curve for a year to the tour which I've only had for a week now. Curve doesn't compare.
    12-28-09 07:13 PM
    i need to find a cheap tour haha then im pretty sure ill say the same as all of yall
    12-28-09 08:38 PM
    The Tours keyboard is MUCH MUCH better then the Curves
    12-28-09 08:41 PM
    I had the curve 8330 and didn't mind the keyboard, it was the trackball that drove me bonkers! I had 6 replacement phones in the first 9 months of owning it(so did my wife). We were told to go in to our sprint store and pick out a new phone and we got the tour. The guy at the sprint store told us the tour trackball was even worse than the curve. Man was he wrong. Now that we have the tour we never look back! Good luck!

12-28-09 09:33 PM
    Had an 8330 for a year. I've had my Tour for a month and a half. I absolutely love everything about the Tour except for the keyboard. This keyboard just plain sucks. I agree it is much better quality and quieter than the 8330, but I hate the feel of the slanted keys, and they are way too close together. It's crazy that there are so many varied opinions about it, but I'm in the "hate" camp.

However, even though the keyboard is one of the most important features of any BB, I still love my Tour compared to the Curve. It is superior in every way but one, and that says a lot about the Tour. Everything about it exudes quality.

12-29-09 04:04 AM
    I hate my Tour! The keyboard feels like you were eating potato chips and wiped every key with the grease. I could type way faster with no mistakes on the curve. My data is way slower on the tour. Sometimes the requesting bar has to go 2 1/2 times through to download a page. The camera is better when you can get a clear picture but that seems impossible. So pissed I wasted my new every 2 on this.

12-29-09 06:38 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD