which is the best skin and or phone case for the tour
    12-28-09 01:23 PM
    best skin is an invisible shield. flat out. they are absolutely amazing and well worth the money. as far as cases go its kind of up to your personal preference due to the many variations in size, texture, colors, etc. check out otter though
    12-28-09 01:30 PM
    The search function will net you many answers as there are many threads/posts about it.

Edit: Just go to the Crackberry store and look read the reviews for the tons of skins/cases that they have. Here, you're mostly going to get people who have only tried one or two brands, claiming that their case is the best.
    Last edited by jabo052; 12-28-09 at 01:37 PM.
    12-28-09 01:34 PM
    i would say the Epik case pro, look it up on ebay its GREAT for the price
    12-28-09 01:42 PM
    I have a blue neon flame skin from decalgirl.com. It is sweet!
    12-28-09 02:03 PM
    InvisibleShield is your best bet. As far as cases go Case-Mate has always been one to work out great for me.
    12-28-09 02:21 PM
    Invisible Shield and Epik Pro case
    12-28-09 02:45 PM
    Just upgraded to the tour and still waiting on my skin from phantomskinz. I have used zagg and bse before and actually preferred bse over zagg. I guess I will see how I like phantomskinz.

Phantomskinz has 50% off and free ship through the end of today I believe.

Use code HOLIDAY50
    12-28-09 03:24 PM
    12-29-09 12:05 PM
    12-29-09 12:08 PM
    Phantom Skinz all the way...comes two in a pack...and its 50% off right now...check em out...they are the best 1st to Zagg, and BSE
    12-29-09 01:24 PM
    BSE on the screen only - I don't like the extra friction it creates and the bulk. BSE on the screen raises the height so that it's flush with the send/end/bb/back buttons and the top and side edges. Simple silicon gel skin to cover the remainder, and it still fits in the holster, albeit much more snugly.

IS/PS/BSE/BG are all pretty much the same material (might even be identical) - they all turn yellowish over time, and take incredible amounts of abuse. BSE is REALLY cheap compared to some of the others - just the skin instead of a kit. It has the orange peel issue, but it doesn't affect screen clarity at all, only the aesthetics of the phone when the screen is off and viewed at an angle. I bought two small sheets of BSE a few years ago and cut it to size as needed, and still havent run out. Note: I don't advise this unless you've used this stuff alot - it's thick and annoying to cut with an exacto knife, and likes to stretch if you're not careful cutting. The Phantom Skinz I've seen in person are less grippy than BSE, but also have less orange peel. Apparently they're more sensitive to application issues than BSE though. I'd put BSE/PS first depending on your priority, BG/IS on the bottom.

Some quick tips that create the best results for me using BSE:
    - Steamy/humid rooms reduce dust/crap in the air that can get stuck under the skin.
    - Dip the skin in the solution, don't spray. The coverage is better.
    - Wet your fingertips, and squeegee above the dish with WET FINGERS. More solution means risk of water damage and longer drying times. You only need the slight bubble that forms on the bottom edge when the screen is held vertically.
    - DO NOT TRIM! The skins tend to shrink a tiny bit as they cure, so trimming to meet an edge could create a gap you'll regret later.
    - Drape it on the screen from one edge to the other. If you do it evenly you shouldn't have any bubbles. If you do, just use your wet fingers to push them out to the edges.
    - Still using your wet fingers, push out the extra solution to the edges, and soak up the moisture with a bit of toilet paper (absorbs faster than a tissue, napkin, or paper towel). This will speed up the cure. A credit card can do this evenly, but the result is the same. Credit cards can dig in, so if you do go that route, make sure the card and the top of the skin are both wet.
    - Let it dry for 10-15 minutes, should be good to go without excess rubbing (a.k.a. you can use it and leave it on the desk, but don't shove it in a tight pocket or holster).

I've done this with the device powered on and screen plugged in with no ill effects. I find having it on helps me position since I can see the edges more clearly. You may not want to take that risk if you haven't done this before.

Afterthought: BOGO for skins is pointless. The skin lasts longer than the device, and you probably don't have two devices. If you're careful you only ever need one.
    12-29-09 02:30 PM
    try a decalgirl skin
    04-12-10 06:02 PM
    For full protection, if you don't mind the extra bulk, Otterbox is the way to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 07:25 PM
    The case mate smart skin is really nice & offers a decent layer of protection especially for a skin. It's also one of the few skins available that protects the keyboard.

04-12-10 08:39 PM
    best skin is an invisible shield. flat out. they are absolutely amazing and well worth the money. as far as cases go its kind of up to your personal preference due to the many variations in size, texture, colors, etc. check out otter though
    ^ I bought it when the TOUR first came out.. and quickly threw it away. It just wasn't for me. SO, it depends on user preference.

I have two EPIK cases.. and idk, they're okay; I have one coming in soon and will POST A PICTURE as soon as I get it I'm soooooooooo excited!
    04-12-10 09:45 PM
    I Really like the Innocase ll With a screen protector. It doesn't bulk up the phone and gives better protection then a trojan condom!!

04-12-10 09:48 PM
    phantomskinz > InvisibleShield
    04-12-10 10:48 PM
    I have a blue neon flame skin from decalgirl.com. It is sweet!
    how do these fit? Do they go on easy? Are they easy to mess up? I want to get one, but am scared that I'm gonna mess it up?
    04-13-10 12:05 AM
    I just ordered a BSE today to go under my new barely there case. I just can't leave the rest of my phone unprotected.

From what I hear, BSE is a great candidate, no matter how cheap it is.
    04-17-10 01:25 PM
    great thread
    04-20-10 07:50 PM
    just otterbox it
    04-20-10 07:53 PM
    I received my BSE today and installed it in about 2 hours. I was giving it a lot of time to set in between application of pieces so that I could eat.

It looks and feels great! I'm satisfied and it was only $7.99
    04-23-10 12:09 PM
    otterbox commuter series is perfect for me. excellent coverage not a lot of bulk
    04-23-10 01:15 PM
    Commuter is great, but pocket lint gets in the silicone easily. As well as the Invisible Shield. I just tried the IS and I think that I might go back to the Commuter. Sure, its a little bigger, but if I drop it, it'll bounce and be fine as with the shield, it will crack.
    04-26-10 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD