Hello everyone,

My brother recently bought a 8320 (used, so no warranties at all), phone actually worked fine for a time, but since a week ago it won't click, I opened the trackball and notice a little dommed piece lose, when set back in place it "clicks" fine, so the question would be, if I buy a new trackball for his phone, will this solve this issue?

Thanks for your help
    12-28-09 12:53 PM
    No, it won't solve the problem as it is not the trackball causing the issue. You posted the solution to your own query. Replace the trackball dome that you "set back in place".

BlackBerry OEM trackball dome - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

Jack
    12-28-09 01:32 PM
    Thanks Jack, I thought so, but wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying things for me.
    12-28-09 08:16 PM
    Additionally, there is an 'audible click' setting for the trackball.

Go

Options>screen keyboard>audible roll
    12-28-09 08:27 PM
    Additionally, there is an 'audible click' setting for the trackball.

Go

Options>screen keyboard>audible roll
    True. Except it does not make clicking the trackball audible, nor does it even remotely help rupalazzi with his problem.

The only thing that "Audible Roll" does is exactly what it says it does. The "click" you hear from pressing on the trackball is caused by the popper of the trackball dome.

If you were CONUS rupalazzi, I would send you one as I have a bunch of them. It's just a little sticker.

Jack
    12-28-09 08:55 PM
    OP, there is a good link in the first post by bigbadwulf in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tra...le-now-300038/
    12-28-09 09:04 PM
    Thanks everyone... If only those part were as easy to find here in Venezuela as in the US. I'll just have look around and see if it can be found here.
    12-28-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD