I'm in my BB but I've forgotten my device password. Any help on how I can re-set it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 11:47 AM
    I'm in my BB but I've forgotten my device password. Any help on how I can re-set it?

Enter the wrong password 10 times and the last time it will ask you to type "Blackberry" and the device will reset the password.

Also keep in mind that all your data on the phone will be erased and that will wipe the handheld to factory state.
    12-28-09 11:52 AM
    sorry thats a crappy situation.
    12-28-09 11:55 AM
    May be a crappy solution, but that's the only way I've heard of.
    12-28-09 12:08 PM
    Yes that's the only way, no way to get the device personal password
    12-28-09 12:10 PM
    Does that mean I'll lose all my contact info, web favorites, and pics and video?

12-28-09 02:04 PM
    Contacts... yes... web favorites... probably... pics and video... not if they are on your SD Card... just pull your SD Card before you enter the 10 incorrect password.
    12-28-09 02:13 PM
    Before we get all crazy with wiping the device, there are a few common simple things to check..

1. check to be sure that the sym-lock or cap-lock is not enabled.
    2. when it prompts you to enter "Blackberry" enter your password as you think it is, and be sure that all characters appear correctly as the characters will appear in plain text.
    3. If you're an enterprise BES user, ask (kindly) your BES admin to reset your password wirelessly.

Now its time to wipe the device.
    12-28-09 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD