Yesterday, for some reason, I got this uncaught exception error (See attachment). Now my bb is unable to play audio and video files. I have restored it to a previous date and even reloaded the os, but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions?
    12-28-09 11:24 AM
    I say you have a corrupt file on the media card, I would reformat it. Also, were you connected to Wi-Fi when this happened?
    12-28-09 11:26 AM
    I say you have a corrupt file on the media card, I would reformat it. Also, were you connected to Wi-Fi when this happened?
    I just did that and it still won't even play the demo song or video that it came preloaded with. Thanks anyway though.
    12-28-09 11:30 AM
    And yeah Im pretty sure I was connected to wi-fi when it happened.
    12-28-09 11:35 AM
    seems like a corrupt memory card.
    12-28-09 11:35 AM
    It's still not working. Any ideas?
    12-28-09 05:13 PM
    What steps have you taken?

You might want to copy the files from the card to your computer. Format the card and restore the files. But if one of those files are corrupt, the error might just return.

You might want to also try searching the card for bbthumb.dat files and erasing them. They are an index to media files and if it got blasted, it could cause problems.
    12-28-09 07:20 PM
    Go to your closest electronic store and buy a new microSD card.
    12-28-09 07:32 PM
    lol, if you backed up your BB and then reloaded the OS and then RESTORED the backup (which was made AFTER this problem happened), chances are good the cause is WITHIN the backup of the databases themselves. Run a backup of the BB and once that's done, just do a Security Wipe of the phone. Then test media playback BEFORE you restore the backup. If it works, you'll need to do a selective restore of just your messages, contacts, calendar, memos, but none of the "functional" databases that control other factors.

If the media playback still doesn't work after a Security Wipe, then you have an OS corruption and you most likely DIDN'T reload the OS as you say... or at least didn't reload it correctly for some reason. I can't say what those reasons are without knowing exactly what steps you took to do it.
    12-28-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD