I cant take it anymore , so I have to rant. The tour has been waiting FOREVER to get the 5.0 OS, and ALREADY today they come out with a leaked OS for the BRAND NEW STORM 2 !! WTF ??

I know I can download the leaked .230 for my tour, but I know darn well that as soon as I do, the OFFICIAL 5.0 OS will come out and I will end up reloading everything ALLLLLLLL over again !!

All right, I feel better, thanks for letting me rant :-)

Happy New Year
    12-27-09 08:00 PM
    I heard Verizon executives read this forum and they said if there's no complaints for 1 week that they would release an official version.
    12-27-09 08:08 PM
    I heard Verizon executives read this forum and they said if there's no complaints for 1 week that they would release an official version.
    That is great...lol
    12-27-09 08:15 PM
    I cant take it anymore , so I have to rant. The tour has been waiting FOREVER to get the 5.0 OS, and ALREADY today they come out with a leaked OS for the BRAND NEW STORM 2 !! WTF ??

I know I can download the leaked .230 for my tour, but I know darn well that as soon as I do, the OFFICIAL 5.0 OS will come out and I will end up reloading everything ALLLLLLLL over again !!

Happy New Year
    Explain why you would have to update if an official OS comes out. What would make an official better than a beta OS? I have out of the last several months with my Storm and now with my wife's Tour run an official OS for no longer than 1 month. That 1 month is now with my Storm and the official that came out last month. It is a waste of time albeit it only 20 minutes if you decide to update your phone unless the official OS is different from the latest leaked beta.
    12-27-09 08:22 PM
    yeah right
    12-27-09 08:42 PM
    true story
    12-27-09 09:10 PM
    5.0.0.230 is good enough to be a release version. If you don't have it, you should. It improves battery life significantly and has the other bells and whistles of 5.0 except for tabbed browsing in the native browser.
    12-27-09 09:18 PM
    The only 5.0 you will be able to get until 2011 is a late model ford mustang "5.0" so go to you tube and put on vanilla ice and sing a long when he says- "cruising in my 5.0 with ragtop down so hair can blow " lmao!!! Tour os update will be released sept 2011. After everyone has left and got a tour 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 09:19 PM

Well if your sure official will come out as soon as you download the leaked..... Download the leaked right now.

12-27-09 09:22 PM
    The only 5.0 you will be able to get until 2011 is a late model ford mustang "5.0" so go to you tube and put on vanilla ice and sing a long when he says- "cruising in my 5.0 with ragtop down so hair can blow " lmao!!! Tour os update will be released sept 2011. After everyone has left and got a tour 2.
    The Tour 2 upgrade should be a free one... after the junk trackball and software issues (552 errors, specifically)... they should comp users an upgrade but won't.

I have to say.. between service outages, trackball return, 552 errors, needing to surf for leaked OS, etc... I'm considering an upcoming Android device for my next upgrade.
    12-27-09 09:22 PM
    bbhybrids blogged that RIM promised a 5.0 OS upgrade for tour by the new year

thoughts?
    12-27-09 10:16 PM
    if I had to make a wager on it, I predict that OS 5.0 for the Tour will be released almost immediately prior to Tour 2 (Essex) release. This is what happened with Storm 1 & Storm 2. Right?
    12-27-09 10:18 PM
    if I had to make a wager on it, I predict that OS 5.0 for the Tour will be released almost immediately prior to Tour 2 (Essex) release. This is what happened with Storm 1 & Storm 2. Right?
    completely, i do agree....

but, we can't neglect that RIM made the promise,
    and if the promise is not kept, in addition to multiple outages, impatient and upset tour owners seeing constant opportunities for other devices to excel...

we think there are enough rants now?

it's just disappointing, i guess
    12-27-09 10:41 PM
    good ol long islanders.... haha
    12-28-09 02:19 AM

Happy New Year
    Hey,

Go get yourself a Storm 2. Then you will have your choice of the official 5.0 loaded on the S2 or you can get the leaked version. Of course, then you wil have to find something else to whine about.
    12-28-09 02:58 AM
    bbhybrids blogged that RIM promised a 5.0 OS upgrade for tour by the new year

thoughts?
    Rim did release it, its verizon hanging onto it, not Rim
    12-28-09 03:42 AM
    An official release with same app version number is no different than the leaked OS with the same version. If you have a beta loaded, no need or reason to reload with the official OS.

12-28-09 09:04 AM
    5.0.0.230 is good enough to be a release version. If you don't have it, you should. It improves battery life significantly and has the other bells and whistles of 5.0 except for tabbed browsing in the native browser.
    It also has bugs in it that make it completely unusable for some people. Myself included, unfortunately. Therefore, no, it is not good enough to be a release version.
    12-28-09 09:21 AM
    I'm sure Verizon knows we'd like one, and I'm sure they're working on it. I'm also sure they're kinda busy with the Droid though right now
    12-28-09 09:28 AM
    Are we really arguing this again?? It will happen when it happens.
    12-28-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD