I'm getting a little bored with the Bold and was thinking of trading for something else. I've been thinking of:

• Storm 1/2 (would it be a fair to do even trade for a storm 2?)
    • HTC touch 2
    • HTC HD
    • Iphone 3G/3Gs (my gf has a 3GS and its okay, but she doesn't want to jailbreak it, or I could mess around with her old 2G...is it worth jailbreaking an old 2G)
    • Nokia N97

Anything else? If you've traded your bold in the past, what sort of deals did you take? Also is there some kind of safe online phone trading website? If not what's the best way to do it? I don't think craigslist would be the smartest way considering how easy it would be to get scammed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 06:31 PM
    IPhone 3gs. Not a fan of the storms or HTCs. I can't wait to switch to iPhone.

12-27-09 06:34 PM
    I use both a Bold and iPhone 3GS and I've always said that if I could only keep one
    it would be the iPhone. Of course my iPhone is jailbroken so that factors into my
    decision. If it's not jailbroken it's better to just stick with the Blackberry.
    12-27-09 06:50 PM
    Something that is not so dependent on a frickin TRACKBALL!!!
    12-27-09 06:53 PM
    Nokia N900 is amazing. You will have to add money to trade for a N900 if you can even find it.
    12-27-09 06:55 PM
    Nothing on the market today is worth the trade IMHO.

12-27-09 06:58 PM
    I've had just about all the latest phones, from androids, iphone, nokia, and I would say the bold is my favorite.

12-27-09 09:42 PM
    9700. Cannot lose BBM.
    12-27-09 10:04 PM
    Nothing on the market today is worth the trade IMHO.

This man speaks the truth.

Only phone i would switch my 9000 out for is a white 9000 (yes b*tch idc if its the same model) or a HTC HD2 cause that thing blows the iPhone 3GS out the water.
    12-27-09 10:51 PM
    Blackberry Curve 8330m anyone? Lol

12-27-09 10:56 PM
    I would trade my 9000 for the 9700 - of course! There is no other choice to be made...

Peace

12-27-09 11:20 PM
    Nokia E72 would be nice. Better looking and better features than Bold 9000
    12-28-09 03:10 AM
    Only phone i would switch my 9000 out for is a white 9000 (yes b*tch idc if its the same model) or a HTC HD2 cause that thing blows the iPhone 3GS out the water.
    I've been drolling over the HD2, but aside from it not being released yet, all the specs i've seen suggest only Tmo 3G GSM bands. This would be a no go since i'm still locked in with AT&T
    12-28-09 03:30 AM
    Only another Bold 9000 will do. Nothing else on the market interests me right now.

12-28-09 05:03 AM
    Maybe an iPhone, maybe a droid. Definitely an HD2. Definitely not a 9700.

Truth be told I'm bored with my Bold too and looking elsewhere, but I'm waiting around to see what phone RIM releases to replace the 9000. And don't say "it's the 9700", because that thing is NO Bold replacement.

12-28-09 06:36 AM
    Storm2 all the way.
    12-28-09 08:18 AM
    Just being bored with your Bold does not warrant a change of phone, is like if you were bored with your wife, you don't go and get a divorce and marry a new wife.....dooh
    12-28-09 03:04 PM
    Being bored with something does warrant a change, so wtf are you talking about? And if I was bored with my wife I would divorce her and find a new gf, which is why I'll never get married. How can you sit there and dictate what warrants what for someone else? I think you are bored with your phone and your wife and are jealous that the rest of us have the balls/means to make a change.

12-28-09 05:25 PM
    don't waste your time and money.....keep your 9000.
    12-29-09 03:33 AM
    Who ever would trade a blackberry for anything else needs to leave crackberry forums.. as you clearly have no brain.... IMO of course
    12-29-09 03:42 AM
    If someone trades a BB for a non BB that doesn't mean they have no brain, it just means that RIM failed to hold their attention. I understand brand loyalty, but RIM, like every other manufacturer, is only as good as the last device they release. When it's time for me to get a new phone, brand loyalty dictates only that I give RIM the first chance to captivate me, but they still have to earn my business. I have no problem going to another phone company.

12-29-09 06:12 AM
    Totally blind loyalty! Like a true addict... Hahahaha

People buy what they want.. But I hate the clutter the forum has to put up with by the iphone vs bb threads. IMO.. Lol

12-29-09 06:27 AM
    Some of these responses are f'ng stupid, and the posters should be embarrassed.
    12-29-09 05:20 PM
    People buy what they want.. But I hate the clutter the forum has to put up with by the iphone vs bb threads. IMO.. Lol
    This isn't another generic trivial "Iphone vs Blackberry" thread. This is a genuine realistic question that I'm positive more than a few owners are asking themself right now. Even RIM themselves know it, look at the rather "sudden" attempts by them to restructure their products within the market. BEFORE the iPhone do you think you'd ever see a Blackberry without a physical keyboard? Of course not, thank Apple for that. If you want to call me a person without a brain because I'm not blindly following along with BB without even thinking about the competition, then SURE, that's fine and you're entitled to your own opinion.

Some of these responses are f'ng stupid, and the posters should be embarrassed.
    Thank GOD I'm not alone!!!!

I think right now with the rumors of a REAL successor to the storm (aka Storm 3) on the horizon, Nexus one sale page eminent, and HTC HD2 about to be released--I'll keep patient and see what happens. Until then I'll just jailbreak my gf's extra 2G iphone to keep my boredom occupied since I already know what a normal iphone is limited to.

But seriously, the more I see the more I fall in love with HTC's HD2....minus windows mobile 6.5
    Last edited by itch808; 12-30-09 at 01:57 AM.
    12-30-09 01:54 AM
    As far as hardware goes RIM is quitely meandering to the middle of the crowd. The OS platform works well, but can't keep up with more and more platforms that are more intuitive, visually stunning, faster, and capable. I think RIM has done a decent job bringing more media options to an already strong business companion, but "all business" won't cut it for much longer. I think they have great intentions and make great devices, but customer's desires will always evolve faster than a company's device lineup. It's only natural that people go looking elsewhere, and to talk **** to those of use who don't share an ignorant affinity for one brand is rude and offensive. Maybe you're one of "those" who is perfectly happy with their BB and couldn't want anything that it doesn't offer. But I suspect that many of us who love our BBs still wish that it could do some things that it can't. So we look elsewhere. And we find devices that are different and do what we want and need them too, until our wants and needs change. Then we look elsewhere again. And everytime we look we are swayed to and fro. Following our needs and desires, wherever they lead, is part of being human. Blindly buying the next BB just because it's a BB is part of being a sheep. No not the way it's used in conversation, but the actual white fluffy animal that can't think for itself and just follows the sheep in front of it, even if they all walk off a cliff. BBBAAAAAAAHHHHH.
    12-30-09 08:21 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD