So I had my phone on my lap in my car. When i get out my car my phone falls flat on its face on cement ground. I just know it was a wrap for the phone. I was ready to call and file ainsurance claim. Battery cover had came off phone too. So I pick it up and wa-la everything is intact. Smack the battery cover back on and proceed to go about my way with a BIG OL Smile
    12-27-09 03:29 PM
    That's some good luck and the very reason I have the OtterBox Defender case on mine. If you knew when an accident was going to happen, you'd never have one.
    12-27-09 03:31 PM
    Very true. I was very lucky. my phone was Made in canada
    12-27-09 03:52 PM
    I actually did this the other night haha. Same thing happened to me and just a little scuff on the bezel. Still going strong though so hopefully I don't drop it again anytime soon
    12-27-09 04:14 PM
    wow! You definately got lucky! Good for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 04:39 PM
    That's right. Can't stop won't stop. I just accidently dropped my storm2 all the way down the basement stairs and all that resulted was a reboot.

12-27-09 05:04 PM
    yup i was walking the other day and slipped on some tile and my phone flew out of my hand and landed on its face, picked it up put the battery back in and no scratch or anything on screen!
    12-27-09 05:11 PM
    did that twice. not ont he face though. Silicon case saved me.
    12-27-09 06:55 PM
    Consider yourself lucky..I dropped mine the first week I got it while getting in my truck at work. Landed square on the screen. Needless to say I an typing this in my 2nd storm...the ironic thing was that my otterbox commuter was waiting for me at home as it has just arrived..lol

12-27-09 07:08 PM
    Yep ur one very lucky cat!!!!!
    12-27-09 07:19 PM
    I don't know what it was but yesterday I kept dropping my storm. No more than 2 feet of the ground but every time the battery door went flying off and had me scared ****less. Can't wait for my cover to arrive in the mail.
    12-27-09 09:07 PM
    I love my Seidio Innocase II for this reason. And the way the II's snap into place is great...no more pieces to go flying!
    12-27-09 09:19 PM
    been there....done that.....i try not to keep it on my lab anymore....oh yea..mine didn't break either
    12-27-09 10:02 PM
    Consider yourself lucky..I dropped mine the first week I got it while getting in my truck at work. Landed square on the screen. Needless to say I an typing this in my 2nd storm...the ironic thing was that my otterbox commuter was waiting for me at home as it has just arrived..lol

Irony at it's best. lol

I've actually dropped my Storm 2 a couple of times. With the exception of some small(very small) scrapes on the bezel, everything is working at is. The battery door & battery pop out usually when it drops though.
    12-28-09 12:17 AM
    Damn lucky
    12-28-09 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD