Okay this is posted on a new Android website but the poster is well known here and has been responsible for numerous leaks on this site as well as another.

The poster is JLevy73. Hands on/initial impression of Storm 3 - MyDroidWorld

Sounds like something worth waiting for.
    12-27-09 01:20 PM
    I can still dream I look forward to the new and improved storm. Thank you for your leak.
    Last edited by mrotsbb; 12-27-09 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Thank you
    12-27-09 01:29 PM
    Nooooooooo, I just bought two Storm 2's for Christmas. I still have 30 days to decide whether or not I like it. So far, I love it. Problem is my friend has the Droid. His Droid is super quick and beats the Storm 2 in speed hands down. Does the article say when the Storm 3 is coming out? I love this Storm 2, but it sucks in speed compared to the Droid. I couldn't stand the Droids sliding keyboard or I would have gotten it. I guess I'm a Blackberry person. How do you guys feel about having the Storm 1 or Storm 2 and now the Storm 3 might be coming? Why is Rimm always so far behind as far as speed and the Droid and Iphone? The Storm 3 processor and speed should have been in the Storm 1 and then the Storm 2. So, when is this Storm 3 coming out?
    12-27-09 01:59 PM
    Just in case, for those using mobile.

The rumors have been churning and low and behold the Storm 3 is a real device. I only had about 5 minutes with the device and I could not take pictures or notes. There is also some information I cannot state as to protect the innocent.

The first thing I noticed about the Storm 3 is how much thinner it is then the 9550. Think iPhone thin. It also felt considerably lighter but I did not have enough time to break out my triple beam. There were reports from bbleaks that the boot up time was much faster and indeed it is. I counted to myself and it was 20 seconds from the time I pressed the on button to being fully powered up. Let me discuss the screen for a moment. It is the best screen I have ever seen. The color and resolution is fantastic. Compared to the Moto Droid sitting next to it, blew it out of the water. The UI is different. I cannot get into specifics, but Storm 3 does widgets

Something else I noticed was the speed of processor. I don't know what is under the hood but it was smoking fast even with the beta OS being used. It beat the Droid on every task I threw at it. Hands down the fastest phone I have used.

Now here is where it got cool. Adobe flash was incorporated into the browser and I have to say I was super impressed. Compared to mobile safari, this is better. Full desktop quality rendering of pages. While it looked better pages rendered slightly faster on the iPhone 3GS but faster than the Moto Droid. Another nice addition is tabbed browsing. It is implemented very cleanly into the browser UI.

The camera has been upgraded and is rocking a 6MP beauty. Photos I took on it were fantastic. Available RAM has been increased to 512mb, a nice bump for sure. I wasn't able to see what the SD card was so I have no idea there.

IMO this phone outperforms the Droid in all areas except for available apps (BB APP World is still very small). There were no games installed so I couldn't determine how well this phone performed from a gaming standpoint. Maybe on Round 2 I will be more lucky.

Just when I was about ready to give up on RIM, I am pleased to see the huge strides they have made not only from a hardware but also software perspective.

P.S. Rumors of this having a slider are completely false. There are and were never any plans on combining this phone with a slide-out Qwerty.
    12-27-09 02:34 PM
    I'm sure the Storm 4 and Tour 3 are already in the planning stages.
    12-27-09 02:58 PM
    All I want to know is if 5.1 will be supported on the 9550/9520. I think it would be evil if RIM has already gave up on the 9550!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 04:35 PM
    A better camarea would be superb

12-27-09 05:21 PM
    Nooooooooo, I just bought two Storm 2's for Christmas. I still have 30 days to decide whether or not I like it. So far, I love it. Problem is my friend has the Droid. His Droid is super quick and beats the Storm 2 in speed hands down. Does the article say when the Storm 3 is coming out? I love this Storm 2, but it sucks in speed compared to the Droid. I couldn't stand the Droids sliding keyboard or I would have gotten it. I guess I'm a Blackberry person. How do you guys feel about having the Storm 1 or Storm 2 and now the Storm 3 might be coming? Why is Rimm always so far behind as far as speed and the Droid and Iphone? The Storm 3 processor and speed should have been in the Storm 1 and then the Storm 2. So, when is this Storm 3 coming out?
    It would be surprising to see RIM take it public before WES in April 2010. I'd guess we'll see it in all-channels in late-2010. It would be a bit unseemly to release back to back releases a whole lot less than 1 year apart. It appears that RIM is taking a page from AAPL's book with new h/w every 12 months. Cool stuff... I'm waiting for the first 5.1.x.x leak!
    12-27-09 05:22 PM
    and in the end, sadly this will not most probably not be available on NA GSM networks yet again. Rim leaving us with the ugh iphone.
    12-27-09 05:27 PM
    It would be surprising to see RIM take it public before WES in April 2010. I'd guess we'll see it in all-channels in late-2010. It would be a bit unseemly to release back to back releases a whole lot less than 1 year apart. It appears that RIM is taking a page from AAPL's book with new h/w every 12 months. Cool stuff... I'm waiting for the first 5.1.x.x leak!
    I think it should leak, 5.0 isn't going to go in the .5xx so its just a matter of time for 5.1 to surface.

12-27-09 05:29 PM
    I think it should leak, 5.0 isn't going to go in the .5xx so its just a matter of time for 5.1 to surface.

I'm gonna hold you to that !
    12-27-09 05:37 PM
    I'm gonna hold you to that !
    I wanna hold myself to that also! LOL I've been noticing a slow down for 5.0 leaks so I hope that means RIM is focusing on 5.1, the same thing happend to 4.7 when RIM started 5.0, I just hope we are seeing a pattern!

12-27-09 05:42 PM
    I wanna hold myself to that also! LOL I've been noticing a slow down for 5.0 leaks so I hope that means RIM is focusing on 5.1, the same thing happend to 4.7 when RIM started 5.0, I just hope we are seeing a pattern!

Good point. Not that I'm not happy with .428, because I am... but like most of I I'm greedy for the latest and greatest =)
    12-27-09 05:44 PM
    I hope this is legit- it sounds awesome. It would be sweet if it came out around Oct or Nov of 2010 so I can do an annual upgrade.

12-27-09 06:00 PM
    This phone sounds killer.......any rumours on a release date for the S3 in Canada??
    12-27-09 06:34 PM
    This phone sounds killer.......any rumours on a release date for the S3 in Canada??
    Late 2010 at the earliest.
    12-27-09 07:07 PM
    Go figure huh, if this drops before i'm eligible...i may pay retail if it performs as stated. Don't see it releasing before i can upgrade though, heck the s2 just dropped so give us time find the screw ups there before we jump ahead!!
    12-27-09 07:16 PM
    Thanks for the mobile "conversion". I am guessing this to be out Nov 2010, keeping with the upgrade timing we've been seeing. Its exciting to know at least some testing units have already been made.

12-27-09 07:31 PM
    Sounds interesting. Here's to hoping RIM continues to focus on upgrading the software.
    12-27-09 11:07 PM
    Update to my hands on initial impressions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I got a few more minutes with the device today so a few extra things of note.

1. The version of the ever popular google maps with turn by turn voice navigation was loaded and worked beautifully.
    2. The phone is 4G compatible
    3. Internally the phone is known as S3-i1 however a newer prototype to be finished shortly will be dubbed S3-d5.
    4. RIM is trying to finalize the software and hardware so it can makes it's public debut during WES, April 2010
    5. The phone will be released this year and is being marketed to compete directly against the Android.
    6. The model number for the S3 = 958*

I was just browsing the forum where this was being talked about and found this update. This phone sounds great.
    I am new to BlackBerry with the 8330 Curve, which I really like but if I could get my hands on a phone like this I would be all over it.
    I have my service through Sprint and I would hope they could get this phone in their lineup to help gain some marketplace.
    12-28-09 07:24 AM
    So, if they want to give it a public debut during WES, what type of launch date could we expect for going on sale? Hypothetically speaking of course!
    12-28-09 07:45 AM
    So will this be coming to Verizon being its being marketed to compete directly against the Android?
    12-28-09 12:33 PM
    I am eligible for upgrade 10/10/10. So I will be watching the rumors about this device closely.

12-28-09 01:39 PM
    The rumors have been churning and low and behold the Storm 3 is a real device. I only had about 5 minutes with the device and I could not take pictures or notes. There is also some information I cannot state as to protect the innocent.

The first thing I noticed about the Storm 3 is how much thinner it is then the 9550. Think iPhone thin. It also felt considerably lighter but I did not have enough time to break out my triple beam. There were reports from bbleaks that the boot up time was much faster and indeed it is. I counted to myself and it was 20 seconds from the time I pressed the on button to being fully powered up. Let me discuss the screen for a moment. It is the best screen I have ever seen. The color and resolution is fantastic. Compared to the Moto Droid sitting next to it, blew it out of the water. The UI is different. I cannot get into specifics, but Storm 3 does widgets

Something else I noticed was the speed of processor. I don't know what is under the hood but it was smoking fast even with the beta OS being used. It beat the Droid on every task I threw at it. Hands down the fastest phone I have used.

Now here is where it got cool. Adobe flash was incorporated into the browser and I have to say I was super impressed. Compared to mobile safari, this is better. Full desktop quality rendering of pages. While it looked better pages rendered slightly faster on the iPhone 3GS but faster than the Moto Droid. Another nice addition is tabbed browsing. It is implemented very cleanly into the browser UI.

The camera has been upgraded and is rocking a 6MP beauty. Photos I took on it were fantastic. Available RAM has been increased to 512mb, a nice bump for sure. I wasn't able to see what the SD card was so I have no idea there.

IMO this phone outperforms the Droid in all areas except for available apps (BB APP World is still very small). There were no games installed so I couldn't determine how well this phone performed from a gaming standpoint. Maybe on Round 2 I will be more lucky.

Just when I was about ready to give up on RIM, I am pleased to see the huge strides they have made not only from a hardware but also software perspective.

P.S. Rumors of this having a slider are completely false. There are and were never any plans on combining this phone with a slide-out Qwerty.
    My Storm powers up in and is ready for use in 10 seconds that way as well. lol Pull the battery to get "the real" bootup time noob! Sheesh! Oh and 512MB of app memory (not RAM noob) is still FAIL. When will RIM learn?
    12-28-09 03:01 PM
    Interesting read..

The problem is that this rumored Storm is the Storm that should be available now. By the time it gets released the Droid and iPhone will both have already been updated past this rumored Storm.
    12-28-09 04:13 PM
306 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD