I have two lines on my plan, and one of them (currently a BlackBerry 8830) is eligible for an upgrade. The line that I use isn't eligible until next December, but I just got a Tour 9630 for it in October. How easy would it be to upgrade the new line to a Tour2 9650 when it releases, then swap the it with my old Tour? I'm guessing I would do something like: Activate Tour2 on second line -> Activate 8830 on my line -> Activate Tour on second line -> Activate Tour2 on my line, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 07:32 AM
    Shouldn't be a big deal at all. I just recently did the same thing with Sprint. Have three lines on my account, and one was upgrade eligible. Upgraded the eligible line, then swapped two numbers so the new phone would be on the number I wanted it to be on. They didn't charge me to do the number swaps, either.
    12-27-09 07:55 AM
    So you just number swapped instead of swapping phones? Where do you do that?

12-27-09 08:04 AM
    You can do that, you just need to wait 30 days (the trial period) for the new contract to be up, then you can switch the phones no problem. At least that was told to me by a rep at Sprint.
    12-27-09 08:43 AM
    Just order the phone online for the line that is upgradeable. When the phone comes activate it on the line you want. I have 9 phones on my account and I do this all the time.
    12-27-09 11:24 AM
    You will need to keep it on that number that is eligible for upgrade if you want the rebates. Or buy the phone at best buy and when you get home swap the phones.
    12-27-09 11:44 AM
    If you don't want to hassle with upgrades and having to keep it on the upgraded line for 30 days or longer, go to Best Buy, when you get home call Sprint to make the change.
    12-27-09 01:03 PM
    Thanks for the Best Buy tip! I just hope we see the Tour2 soon!

12-27-09 01:28 PM
    alot of reps at sprint stores are apprehensive to you doing this becuase it ends up being a charge back and we dont get credit for that sale.also you will not recieve any mail in rebates you qualified for and you may (ive seen it happen) get charged full price for the device.i usually tell customers to upgrade it on the line that is eligible and at least wait until the MIR comes back.after that do whatever you want.then i keep them in good standing with me and sprint and i make sure i keep my sale!... or unfortunately you can go to best buy and get this all done in a day
    12-27-09 11:45 PM
    I was told you have to wait 30 days or at least one billing cycle when I asked a sprint rep. At radioshack they told me 60 days or 2 billing cycles, but sprint says they said this because otherwise they dont get the commission from the sale which I thought was interesting.
    12-28-09 12:18 AM
    Yeah, this should be really easy. I called up Sprint and did the exact type of thing in no time!
    12-28-09 01:12 AM
    Let me just make sure I have one thing straight: If I go to Best Buy, they instantly take the $250 off the price of the phone and give me the phone, but if I go through Sprint I risk having that $250 credited back to my account if I swap within 30 days?
    12-28-09 01:31 PM
    i do it all the time and have NEVER had a problem
    12-28-09 06:33 PM
    Just do it online. Go to your line and click activate new phone, no sales reps, no issues, ive done this plenty of times.
    12-29-09 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD