I am going to miss it. I installed it and had been using it for a week and loved the new changes, speed, messaging style etc etc.

Then I got a call in the call and the Hands free link picks up the call via the BB. Helllo, Hello, nothing. Put the phone to my ear and Began talking. Finished talking and the hands free link disengaged. I'm like fsucxzk.... Tried changing the HFL options, bluetooth options. Nothing... Anyone get the bluetooth to work on their car using 5.0? This is a must for me. I travel a lot and take conference calls in the car. I have searched the forums but havent had any luck finding post relating to the hands free link on 5.0
    12-27-09 06:07 AM
    Get the irethun 7.11 hybrid. no issue with my Jabra, computer, or bluetooth radio in my Navigator. Sound is great.
    12-27-09 08:56 AM
    With both .230 and the hybrid, i have only a few problems with my Tour linking to my Parrot, and that is usually when I remote start my truck. once in a while it doesn't pair up when I get 'In-range". I just go thru the parrot setting to connect, no other problems, even voice dialing work well!!!
    12-27-09 09:27 AM
    never had any problems on os 5 or hybrid, u might want to try out the hybrid if ur bt isnt working but personally ive always been able to link up right away
    12-27-09 09:35 AM
    Ill be saying hello to Amdroid 2.0 soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 09:44 AM
    yea seems like droid is tryingt to take over....but ill stay where im at..
    12-27-09 09:52 AM
    I am going to miss it. I installed it and had been using it for a week and loved the new changes, speed, messaging style etc etc.

Then I got a call in the call and the Hands free link picks up the call via the BB. Helllo, Hello, nothing. Put the phone to my ear and Began talking. Finished talking and the hands free link disengaged. I'm like fsucxzk.... Tried changing the HFL options, bluetooth options. Nothing... Anyone get the bluetooth to work on their car using 5.0? This is a must for me. I travel a lot and take conference calls in the car. I have searched the forums but havent had any luck finding post relating to the hands free link on 5.0
    Interesting problem, something that I have not experienced- I have several Bluetooth items connected and connecting to my car's internal Bluetooth is flawless- I'm also using the new 7.15 Hybrid
    12-27-09 11:26 AM
    I have a remedy... wait for 5.0 official to come out!

I know... I had to say it!
    12-27-09 12:30 PM
    The only problem I seem to have with .230 is sometimes while in the Web Browser (opera & default) my trackball seems to die, and I have to put my phone in stand-by then it starts to work again.
    12-27-09 01:16 PM

Official or not, if the OS version has a bug, that bug will still be there when and if released by a carrier.
    12-27-09 01:17 PM
    Official or not, if the OS version has a bug, that bug will still be there when and if released by a carrier.
    Not necessarily, they may fix it before releasing the official version. This is why I always wait for official versions and even then I wait to hear everyone's feedback. No need to rush or tinker with my bb when it works fine

12-27-09 01:32 PM
    Use the 50v7.15 hybrid. It is fantastic!

12-27-09 01:34 PM
    Not necessarily, they may fix it before releasing the official version. This is why I always wait for official versions and even then I wait to hear everyone's feedback. No need to rush or tinker with my bb when it works fine

From one of the most highly respected BB experts:

6. I loaded a "beta" and now my carrier has released the same version. Do I need to reload from my carrier so I don't have a beta?

No. If the version numbers match, then there is NO difference between the version that you loaded that wasn't yet released and the version that's official from a carrier's (even your carrier's) website. If anything was to change in the OS RIM would issue it a new version number. In this case, you just magically went from "beta" to "official."

BlackBerry OS (and "Beta" OS) Upgrade Myths Dispelled: - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community
    12-27-09 01:56 PM
    The only problem I seem to have with .230 is sometimes while in the Web Browser (opera & default) my trackball seems to die, and I have to put my phone in stand-by then it starts to work again.
    Interesting, I'm having the same problem, but I'm on the original OS4.7. I'm really curious what it is, if anybody can help I'd be very thankful!!!

12-27-09 02:38 PM
    Interesting problem, something that I have not experienced- I have several Bluetooth items connected and connecting to my car's internal Bluetooth is flawless- I'm also using the new 7.15 Hybrid

The connecting isnt the issue. It connects right away. My BT stereo receives my music from the BB with no problems. Its the phone calls. The car says its engaged the call but It doesnt. The radio remains off and the phone works as if I have no hands free link. Then when I hang up the radio comes back and the phone / car disengages normally. Its the while "incall" mode that the BT doesnt work.

So I rolled back to 4.7.1.63 and the BT works fine. Something is amiss in the .230 version.
    12-27-09 04:40 PM
    With both .230 and the hybrid, i have only a few problems with my Tour linking to my Parrot, and that is usually when I remote start my truck. once in a while it doesn't pair up when I get 'In-range". I just go thru the parrot setting to connect, no other problems, even voice dialing work well!!!

I must be a glutten for punishment. Im going to put .230 back on and jump to the .715 hybrid and give it a shot. I'll let yall know how I make out.
    12-27-09 05:09 PM

RIM said it would be out this week...we'll see. I'm not holding my breath.
    12-27-09 05:11 PM
    Update - Talk about an undertaking. So, I backup the phone with DM and BBSAK. DM doesnt recognize the .230 OS. All i saw was the .61. So I uninstalled everything and rebooted in between everything and went back to square 1. Still unable to get the base 230 on the phone. So i backup using BBSAK. I wipe it and install .230 with the 7.15 hybrid. Now I have an os that works and the bluetooth works. Themes are gone, contacts gone. Attempted to reload applications from backup and nothing comes back. Maybe this is due to version mismatch, i dunno. So I synched up contacts from my outlook where i had all of them anyway and still without my theme that i cant find on the net. So, all in all I'm on 5.0.0.230 with hybrid 7.15 and a junky theme. LOL.

Only took 28 hours to get here. LOL
    12-28-09 11:13 AM
    Excuse me, but I never said the official 5.0 OS released for the Tour would be .230. I simply said that waiting for the official 5.0 OS (whichever version that may be) would most likely be beneficial.
    12-28-09 02:15 PM
    i had .230 with 7.15 hybird, i would never go back to 4.7 in my life i had it on my bb for 2 days and it work flawless no PRL problems so far for me i live in the nyc area, radio been stable batt has been way better then it was on 4.7. those are just my 2 cents lol
    12-28-09 03:09 PM
    RIM said it would be out this week...we'll see. I'm not holding my breath.

Ummm, do you have a link that reflects this?
    12-28-09 03:22 PM
    i had .230 with 7.15 hybird, i would never go back to 4.7 in my life i had it on my bb for 2 days and it work flawless no PRL problems so far for me i live in the nyc area, radio been stable batt has been way better then it was on 4.7. those are just my 2 cents lol

I agree that the hybrid is better than the stock .230 which is why I hated going back. I needed the HFL to work. So far so good. No issues yet. Now to find out how the VIPS are faring with 7.16
    12-28-09 03:59 PM
    I agree, I am saying good bye to .230 as well. I love the changes that were made and the speed of the browser but I keep having to do a battery pull because of "Provisioning status" updating after every call. I have read that the radio is bad. I will miss .230 but will have to wait for the official release as well.
    12-28-09 07:19 PM
    I am on 5.0.0.230 and have encountered this once, but a simple reconnect from the BT menu solved it and it never happened again so far. Voice dialling works too.

12-28-09 07:33 PM
    dont mean to hijack your tread but i felt like it was appropriate to post here. i just upgraded my tour to the 715 hybrid and i was just making sure i did it right?on the about screen, does your tour read v5.0.0.238 (platform4.2.0.61)?

on another note, this hybrid is super fast
    12-28-09 08:23 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD