How is the aim on the Blackberry Tour?
    Are you able to change your status?
    Change your buddy icon?
    See your buddies' available and away status?
    See their buddy icons?

OH! And are the Facebook/Myspace/Twitter apps free???

thank you
    12-26-09 06:02 PM
    Your best bet it to just install them and see how you like them. The apps you're asking about are all free...
    12-26-09 06:05 PM
    Okay, thank you!
    12-26-09 06:13 PM
    He/she Is asking because they don't have a BlackBerry.

The Facebook/Myspace/Twitter apps are all free and are just an easy quick download.

I have yet to play with the AIM app yet so I can't help you there.
    12-26-09 06:13 PM
    12-26-09 06:43 PM
    i can't stand the AIM app. It constantly booted me at random and i had to sign on again at least twice a day. You can't see Buddy avatars, status or away messages. It's pretty useless. i eventually just un-installed it and hid the icon.

Now i just sign onto AIM using SMS.

Try out the app and see what you think. There are also other IM apps that seem popular. Check into those too.

Myspace, Facebook and Twitter apps are free, yes.

For Twitter:

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 06:53 PM
    These apps were all present on my Tour out of the box. A click on them initialized them and you're good to go!
    12-26-09 07:03 PM
    The regular AIM app isn't all that bad, but since I started using Nimbuzz, I haven't bothered with anything else. You can get it right out of the BB App World, or directly from them: Nimbuzz - Download: Mobile PC
    12-26-09 07:04 PM
    Another option is Beejive, which is a little pricey, but most people like it. It has a free trial if you want to give it a shot.

I used RIM's AIM app for awhile, but as others have mentioned, it frequently disconnects and you don't know until you check it. Also, I never had any luck having it automatically reconnect after a phone call. It also won't let you converse with an "invisible" buddy (although you can receive msgs from an invisible buddy). Also, if you are invisible, it will revert to "Available" status if you do anything like IM someone, check a buddy's profile, etc. These minor annoyances add up, so I coughed up the $30 for a Beejive user license with unlimited transfers to new devices.
    12-26-09 10:12 PM
    The regular AIM app isn't all that bad, but since I started using Nimbuzz, I haven't bothered with anything else. You can get it right out of the BB App World, or directly from them: Nimbuzz - Download: Mobile PC
    thanks for that link! this is an awesome app
    12-27-09 02:31 AM
    hmmmm whats up with this? Did anyone else get this while setting up their account?

Last edited by dave3825us; 12-27-09 at 11:32 AM.
    12-27-09 11:30 AM
    just download it via appworld
    12-27-09 11:35 AM
    just download it via appworld
    I am very private when it comes to my personal info on the web.

Downloading via app world is great but you still need to register a free account, and doing it thru the pc, Fire fox says its not a trusted site. The blackberry browser has phishing capabilities and will pick this up? Um NO

My point was how secure is giving this site my cell number, email address and user names and passwords?
    Last edited by dave3825us; 12-27-09 at 12:26 PM.
    12-27-09 11:56 AM
    The aim app is okay. It will be best to use BBM (blackberry messenger) if you can
    12-27-09 05:49 PM
    Thank you so much!
    12-30-09 08:35 AM
    How can you stand Nimbuzz? It's such a slow, laggy, buggy, and just trash program, which is why it's free. I've been using Beejive for a while now, and even though it's $20, it's worth it. You even get a free month trial. Beejive - instant messaging anywhere

EDIT: On sale for $10 right now!
    12-30-09 11:40 AM
    That security warning is just because they don't know what they're doing with regards to getting their site to work with their certificate correctly. The certificate is specifically configured for www.nimbuzz.com but you're accessing nimbuzz.com without the www. Otherwise, it's a valid Verisign cert that they've purchased and if you add the www you won't see any warnings.
    Last edited by AHinMaine; 12-30-09 at 01:41 PM. Reason: ditched the autolinkification...
    12-30-09 01:39 PM
    the aim app is trash. the connection will always die and wont reconnect you automatically.
    12-30-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD