Recently, my friend said to use standby to save battery life...my question is: Is it bad for the phone to keep taking it in and out of standby or should I just lock is like normal?

Thanks
    12-26-09 08:28 AM
    i usually lock like normal when not in use. think to use "standy" only when u sleep and will not is use for a long duration.
    12-26-09 08:34 AM
    When I first got my BB 9700 I would put it in standby (mute key), then place it the the holster. Occasionally (more than once per day) I would pull it out of the holster and they keys would be unresponsive and I'd have to do a battery pull. I later tried locking it (the keyboard), and haven't had the problem since.

I think while my phone was in standby in the holster some of the keys would get pressed causing it to become unresponsive. I now notice when I lock the keyboard, the screen goes out as soon as I put it in the holster. I think the phone is designed to prevent the screen from illuminating while in the holster.
    12-26-09 08:57 AM
    the phone goes into standby when you put it in the holster. this saves battery life while its in the holster and your not using it. taking it in and out of standby shouldn.t really affect the phone either way. its really just your preference to do either lock or standby.
    12-26-09 09:05 AM
    its not bad to put it in and out of stand by
    12-26-09 09:08 AM
    i also use the lock button way more then the standby.
    12-28-09 12:50 PM
    either one is fine. i have use standby 90% of the time when i put the phone in my pocket. I rarely use lock keypads, been doing this since my 8320, 8900, 9630, and now 9700.

the cool thing about the pouch is it has a magnet that puts the bb into standby mode so nothing is pressed.
    12-28-09 12:54 PM
    Standby when in the pocket, lock anywhere else, especially around the gf.
    12-28-09 02:31 PM
    Whats the difference between lock and standby? I sometimes find my phone has gone into Standby and I have to use the mute button to exit Standby. Does the 9700 go into standby after X seconds or minutes of inactivity or am I somehow pressing the mute key by accident???
    12-28-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD