I just bought a new blackberry pearl 8120. I have my message settings to save for 15 days. almost every day I have an issue with my phone automatically deleting my messages. When this happens, I can send a message, and the person I send it to recieves it, but I cannot recieve messages sent to me once this happens. When I go to send a message, I get the checkmark that says it was sent, and it will automatically delete itself from my message log within 3 seconds or so. My call log is also affected when this happens as well. It clears itself completely. The only way to fix the problem is for me to turn my phone off and remove the battery completely, and re-start it. I called my service provider with this issue, they did some troubleshooting with me over the phone, and this did not fix the problem. I have also talked with store reps and they have had no idea as to what is going on. They sent me a new phone, and this phone is doing the same thing. I clear my event log daily, and this still does not help. Is there a setting somewhere in my phone that could fix the problem? This gets quite frustrating, as there is no warning when this happens. All messages sent to my phone from the time this happens to when I re-start my phone is lost and I never recieve them. If anyone knows an answer to this problem, or has any ideas, please help.
    05-29-08 11:29 AM
    your memoury is low. once your memoury hits a certain level, your phone will clear out your texts and call logs. the links sunkast posted about will help you clear up your memoury and keep it optimized.
    05-29-08 01:20 PM
    shouldn't this be a sticky now? just title it "BB erasing messages and call logs? CLICK HERE FIRST"

i think that would clear up at least half the threads on the forums...

just my $.02
    05-30-08 09:49 AM
    shouldn't this be a sticky now? just title it "BB erasing messages and call logs? CLICK HERE FIRST"

i think that would clear up at least half the threads on the forums...

just my $.02
    There would still be people that post a new topic asking this. The fact is some people are too clueless to check sticky threads before posting.
    05-30-08 11:14 AM
    I had the same thing happen to me and I went to the Verizon store where they cleared up alot of memory space for me (by deleting Russian characters and all that stuff that is useless to me). They also convinced me to buy a 2 gig media card so that I can store more memory. 2 days later my phone was back to deleting my call log, texts and emails. This phone has been nothing but trouble for me ever since I got it.
    06-11-08 09:54 AM
    Some people are to lazy to even do a search.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 10:01 AM
    thank you so very much for all the info I am doing the steps now. Thanks for being here crackberry! at least I know I am not the only one dealing with this problem..
    06-11-08 12:55 PM
    In my case when I did the search, it didn't show up either. I've exhausted all options.
    06-11-08 03:00 PM
    i am having the same problem as eyez. my call logs are getting deleted and i can send text messages but it gets deleted in a matter of seconds and i cant receive text messages. the only way it gets fixed temporarily is if i take out my battery and restart my phone. i didnt really get an answer so far on this page so if anyone knows of a solution for this please let me know. thanks
    10-08-08 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD