Hello everyone on crackberry! Ive been going to this site for months looking at all the cool things you guys have to say and things the site has to show, and awaiting the time when I could call myself a blackberry user. Well the time has finally come, as of today Christmas 2009, I am the proud new owner of a red blackberry curve 8330. I was going to upgrade to the tour in feb. but from what ive seen theres a good bit of problems with them and not much of a difference other then the beautiful screen display! I have never owned a blackberry befor and I am coming from the god awful samsung instinct. Thank God I am away from that now. I was woundering if you guys could tell me any cool tricks or things I should try out first with my new bb since ive never owned one before. And cool games or good sites with nice downloads and stuff would be cool. Well thank you for reading and Happy Holidays to All!
    12-25-09 04:37 PM
    Awesome! Well, welcome to CB and enjoy the phone. The Curve was my first BB as well but will soon be retired with my upgrade coming, but it was the best phone i've ever had, hands down. Paruse the forums, they will become your friend
    12-25-09 04:45 PM
    Welcome to CB

first thing change your current device, cause you got a BB now its the best phone ever, you will enjoy and i think most of the tour problems have been resolved, so dont worry

you can get alot of cool free apps, themes and wallpapers from cb! just browse a bit, and there is aloso some nice tutorials for new users, i bet somebody will post some links for you

enjoy your new addiction and add me on bbm for any question, will try to solve them pin: 2159068E

Merry Xmas!!
    12-25-09 05:06 PM
    Awsome thank you all for the invite and I am very excited to be owning my new phone and to now be apart of this community! I will add and thank you very much!
    12-25-09 05:14 PM
    Welcome, welcome, welcome!!! Nice to have you...
    12-25-09 05:45 PM
    Welcome to the world of BB! I loved my Curve 8330 when I had it. Great phone all around. I upgraded to the Tour and have not had a single problem with it....even with 18 applications on it. I love the speed and extra memory that the Tour offers. Use Crackberry.com as much as you can...it is a great resource. You may also want to check out the Curve 8530....my brother in law got one yesterday...it is awesome...congrats and enjoy!
    12-25-09 05:51 PM
    Congratulations on the new BB, I know I never looked back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 06:13 PM
    Welcome to CB! I would definitely recommend BerryBuzz! I love it.
    12-25-09 07:50 PM
    Welcome to crackberry. I'm sure you will love you new berry, I love mine, and have for the past year. Some apps to recommend are berrytorch, and any weather app. Berrytorch turns you bb into a flashlight, and its free. If you have any questions search is your friend. Also I would recommend reading blackberry 101 on this site. If you can't find the answer to your question just ask, we're here to help.

12-25-09 09:46 PM
    Welcome to the Crackberry Family!

(1) Treat your Curve like a baby
    (2) Do not take it swimming, Keep it away from water
    (3) When angry, do not throw it
    (4) Do not leave it in the sun or in a hot car etc.
    (5) In fact, do not leave it out of your sight
    (6) Get a holster, refrain from leaving in your pocket
    (7) Get a casing to protect it
    (8) Wipe it down everyday
    (9) Would you punch a baby? If not, then take it easy when pressing keys
    (10) Be gentle on the trackball as well
    (11) To save it from obesity, don't load it with apps you don't need
    (12) Unofficial OSs can cause your BB to get sick (like drugs or bacteria!)
    (13) Your BB could get amnesia, so back it up every so often
    (14) Do not yank the usb cable from the device input as it WILL damage it
    AND...
    (15) If anything does go wrong with your BB, Crackberry is the ER with the best doctors available to help you nurse your BB back to life, if it's at all possible. They haven't learned resurrection yet. Or have they? In any case, I have heard of some Frankenstein stories!
    Last edited by Kepeli; 12-26-09 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Addition
    12-25-09 11:17 PM
    Wow thank you all so very much, so have def. made me feel very welcome and excited! I cannot wait to start using my bb to the fullest! And thank you for the rules on the bb, lol i almost died! lol but its all very true. Thank you all again and I will see you all around the forums
    12-26-09 02:15 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, I am sure you will enjoy your curve . I do mine. read the help 101 forum on here. If you have questions just ask someone will know the answer.
    Welcome!!!
    12-26-09 02:28 PM
    Enjoy the new phone...I thought I was being safe when I started to put a hard cover on mine but I dropped it in the process and got a crack in the screen...now I have a crackedberry!

12-26-09 09:07 PM
    You made a great choice switching to the Blackberry. I recently switched from the Mogul and dont see how I lived without my 8330. I do miss that I cant tether with the curve on sprints network but I will just have to deal with it.
    12-26-09 10:06 PM
    I had also come from the Samsung Instinct to the Blackberry Curve. I absolutely hated that phone. My Curve is the best phone I have ever owned. I usually get tired of a phone after a month or so, but the BB does so much that its kept me occupied for months already. I've learned so much on this forum as well!

12-27-09 06:57 AM
    Congrats on the new berry and welcome to the club

12-27-09 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD