Just curious how long everyone will hold on to their Storm? Or stay with RIM / Blackberry?

I am close to upgrading and I see all the new smartphones, mostly Android.
    I have read and played around with the Eris and Droid and I am pretty sure I will head in that direction. Will you go with the Storm 2 or another Blackberry, or wait for something new from RIM?
    12-25-09 02:35 PM
    I'm ready for an upgrade since November. I'm happy with my S1 and I will hold on to it for a while and see what the future brings. Storm 3 maybe? We'll see, but for now I stick with my good old S1...
    12-25-09 03:24 PM
    I currently have Storm 1 and I love it. My upgrade isn't until June, but I am gonna hold off and wait until Storm 3 comes out and just skip Storm 2 all together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 03:45 PM
    I tried the MyTouch and while it was bedazzling, the lack of multi-touch made typing a pain in the ****,.. and comming from 4.7 on the Storm, I know of typing issues, Lol. But running the latest MTS Official version (even .328) I am so happy with my storm it is even moreso a part of me.

I am due for an upgrade in February and have been considering getting a 9700 just for the heck of it, but will continue to wait in delusion for Rogers to pickup a Storm 3, Lol.

But nawh, Storm does it for me and as long a it holds out it will remain as my pimary (even with my other Curve 8900 and bold 9000).

Ps. Merry Christmas everyone, and have a happy New Year!
    12-25-09 04:09 PM
    by the looks of the traffic on the .419 OS threads...it seems as if many have jumped ship on the 9530...now the findings and fixes thread has barely any trffic compared to pre S2 days.

I think since the S1 has been out for a year...many have gone with the 1 year upgrade or bailed completely.

Me...im sticking around a little while longer...at least until I see the Nexus One drop...
    12-25-09 06:57 PM
    I got a Storm 2 and would not trade it for anything out there right now, but you should play with whatever they have and get what you want. There's probably no one more interested in what kind of phone you have than yourself.
    Last edited by grey; 12-25-09 at 07:52 PM.
    12-25-09 07:39 PM
    Storm 2 is a great upgrade for sure
    12-25-09 07:44 PM
    Already moved on to the Storm2
    12-25-09 08:00 PM
    I tried the MyTouch and while it was bedazzling, the lack of multi-touch made typing a pain in the ****,.. and comming from 4.7 on the Storm, I know of typing issues, Lol. But running the latest MTS Official version (even .328) I am so happy with my storm it is even moreso a part of me.

I am due for an upgrade in February and have been considering getting a 9700 just for the heck of it, but will continue to wait in delusion for Rogers to pickup a Storm 3, Lol.

But nawh, Storm does it for me and as long a it holds out it will remain as my pimary (even with my other Curve 8900 and bold 9000).

Ps. Merry Christmas everyone, and have a happy New Year!
    Yup same here keepin S1 and waitin to see what S3 will bring...hopefully not waiting in vain and holding off of S2 for nothing. I love this platform.
    Last edited by gjbsource; 12-25-09 at 08:31 PM.
    12-25-09 08:28 PM
    Androids suck...I'm staying with my Storm because I F'N love it.
    12-25-09 09:10 PM
    I don't really care. IMO lol.
    I'll use it until I feel like I need/want an upgrade.
    Which is usually within 3 years from ecah phone I buy. lol
    12-25-09 09:13 PM
    I honestly love my Storm. Have been through 4 replacements and this one is the best.
    12-25-09 09:15 PM
    Loved my Storm 1. Upgraded to Storm 2 but keeping it for back up...:-)

12-25-09 09:18 PM
    With the .419 OS the Storm is FINALLY the phone I was hoping it would be when I bought it. 328 was almost there, but the dimming, data problems and a couple of other things, had me wondering if RIM was ever going to get it right. Well, at least for me, they did. I've got no problems with the thought of waiting to my full trade in date...or even beyond.
    12-25-09 09:54 PM
    I can upgrade next week, but I want to see what new phones come to VZW in Jan. and maybe ill wait till Feb. I'm really happy with my S1 but if nexus one or the passion land on the big red one, I'm probably jumping ship. might still choose S2 though. You never now

12-25-09 10:35 PM
    OP:
    i actually switched back to my storm yesterday from my droid and feel so much better. the droid was a sweet app device just lik the iphone HOWEVER the first party support was very lacking. no offcial AIM/YAHOO/MSN messenger apps. You're pretty much reliant on apps that feel as if they were made by some HS student for a class project.

I am sticking with BB because everything seems to work and am not into having cheesy apps that ill basically never use. The grass isnt always greener on the other side. I personally will be stickin around for the next tour but def not another touch screen BB.
    12-25-09 10:37 PM
    I'll be keeping my storm1 for a while, I love it.
    12-25-09 11:05 PM
    well i can upgrade already but i will wait for s3 and i am on ATT so i will have to buy it
    12-25-09 11:37 PM
    waiting for what comes after the storm... mid 2011. There's always a bit of quiet after the storm... then all h*ll breaks loose.
    12-26-09 12:44 AM
    I'm locked in for another year but I love my storm. While there are many good alternative the only phone today that has tempted me to switch is the storm 2

12-26-09 01:04 AM
    I like my Storm now, but I'm kinda getting sick of the touchscreen (never thought I'd say that), and I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the Tour 2 [9650]. I'm definitely ready for a trackpad, wifi, and a physical keyboard; yes please!
    12-26-09 02:08 AM
    The S1 is a pos compared to the storm2. This of course is my opinion. My S1 screen was very hard to click as well add the buttons in the bottom. So far I have had 0 problems since upgrading to the S2. Its amazing not losing any memory at all even with the same apps I have on the storm1 that would leak to zero in less than twenty four hours.

12-26-09 09:23 AM
    I love my Storm 1. I have had very few problems with it. Yeah, it has a few quirks, I have never owned a piece of electronic equipment that didn't. Overall my experience with BB, Storm and RIM have been good. I've heard people ***** about Droid too. Mostly I ignore it.

Its your money, get what you want. Me, I'm sticking with my Storm 1, at least for now.

JPD217

12-26-09 09:33 AM
    Though I do often get upset with my phone due to software issues I plan to stick with it. I am holding out for a tour-like phone with slightly larger keys (such as the Bold).
    12-26-09 10:30 AM
    I like the combination of large screen and small form factor the touchscreen affords, so the S2 is probably my only option, and I can't see spending big bucks to upgrade (I'm at 1 year in February) when 4G is on the horizon and S3 will probably come out at the same time.

As others have mentioned, the iPhone and Android devices are eye candy, but don't have the app support for a device that's primarily used for business. I use Google Sync to keep calendars synchronized across three computers at my office, two notebooks and my Storm.

Running .419 on my S1 and have no plans to change anytime soon. With the latest OS, I went from 36 megs at startup to 25 megs 36 hours later, and that was with lots of use in between.

12-26-09 11:15 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD