So for christmas I got a car charger for my Blackberry Storm, and I was wondering if the Droid used the same mini USB that the storm did, and if I could use it with the droid.
    12-25-09 12:43 PM
    Yea its a micro usb. You should be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 12:50 PM
    Alright thanks a bunch. Glad I won't have to return...
    12-25-09 12:52 PM
    Yes it's okay.

NO, DON'T USE IT

Yes it's okay.

NO, DON'T USE IT

Yes it's okay.

NO, DON'T USE IT

There appears to be differing opinions. A search on the word CHARGER and DROID will yield more than one thread, each showing different opinions. Me? I'm just directing you to the research
    12-25-09 01:27 PM
    Well its simple isn't it? If the droid uses the same mini usb, it should work, right?

12-25-09 02:00 PM
    Well its simple isn't it? If the droid uses the same mini usb, it should work, right?

Yes. It's safe. I've been using my Storm charger for a month now, there are no problems.
    12-25-09 02:03 PM
    If it is the verizon universal MICO USB your fine. if it is a blackberry branded charge you will not be.
    12-25-09 02:26 PM
    I have tried several aftermarket chargers and all have made my phone go crazy. Just today I tried one out, it opened up weatherbug and was trying to change the location.
    12-25-09 10:10 PM
    ive been using both blackberry branded and verizon universal chargers with my droid since it was released.

i also use a rocketfish mobile car charger and have never had any issues.

i have never used the motorola charger that came with my phone. its still in the box wrapped in plastic.
    12-25-09 10:16 PM
    Car Charger that I got with my blackberry works perfect. Charges my droid without problems.

Regular blackberry charger I use at home also works perfectly on droid.

The one I got with the droid I use at work.........it barely reaches the top of the desk.
    12-25-09 10:20 PM
    just to let you know i had both chargers and the volts and amps don't match and you could seriously mess up your droid if you use it or overcharge the device.
    12-25-09 10:52 PM
    Yes it's okay.

NO, DON'T USE IT

Yes it's okay.

NO, DON'T USE IT

Yes it's okay.

NO, DON'T USE IT

There appears to be differing opinions. A search on the word CHARGER and DROID will yield more than one thread, each showing different opinions. Me? I'm just directing you to the research
    See. I mentioned that I don't have the answer, and that you'll get diffreing opinions
    12-26-09 06:21 AM
    If it fits, it ships.
    12-26-09 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD