So i currently have i phone 3g which was working good before using turbo Sim. however i recently upgraded, and now it's braked.

now i cannot make any class except emergency calls. So when i connect i phone to i tunes, nothing comes up and i did try one method which was " press on/off button and home button at the same time. i tried that, but no luck.

Now when i see i phone current version on i tunes, it says "n/a". ( i was able to go in recovery mode). at that time, my t-mobile Sim was not in their. just to let u know.

So now, what should i do to make it work with t-mobile?
    i want to jailbreak and as well as unlock it.
    but No idea at all, how to do it.

what is the best website and software that will allow me to do that?

i know some software like snowball, black rain, but from where do i get those?
    Also after i download one of that software, what should i do next?

final question: do i need turbo Sim?

one more thing, when i connect i phone to i tunes, and clicked on restore, it wants to install OS 3.1.2.
    should i do that?

thanks you very much and God bless you!
    12-24-09 03:58 PM
    On iTunes install the newest software.

After that go to blackra1n.com and get the windows or mac version. Whichever you have. Once blackra1n is installed on your phone look for the icon. From there you can install cydia, rock, and the unlocking software. No turbo sim required.
    12-24-09 10:32 PM
    Oh and after you install cydia you might as well do this once and for all too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/wi-...ed-3gs-377697/
    12-24-09 10:34 PM
    ^^ Do exactly that.
    12-25-09 02:28 AM
    On iTunes install the newest software.

After that go to blackra1n.com and get the windows or mac version. Whichever you have. Once blackra1n is installed on your phone look for the icon. From there you can install cydia, rock, and the unlocking software. No turbo sim required.

thanks you very much and soon i will try that.

but can you please tell me, will it unlock/jailbreak the i phone or both?
    Also just to make sure i should install the new OS from i tunes, right?
    12-25-09 12:19 PM
    Installing blackra1n is what jailbreaks it. Using the unlock program on blackra1n is what unlocks it.

And yes, just install the latest software on iTunes before you jailbreak.
    12-25-09 01:10 PM
    Do I need wifi to install blackra1n and than for cydia?

sorry about asking so many questions. Actually i would have already started doing it, but my Sim card tray broke and i have ordered new. So as soon as i get that tray, i will put t-mobile Sim and try this process.
    Last edited by Desiguy100; 12-25-09 at 05:48 PM.
    12-25-09 05:27 PM
    Installing blackra1n is what jailbreaks it. Using the unlock program on blackra1n is what unlocks it.

And yes, just install the latest software on i Tunes before you jailbreak.

well, i was doing some research and found on some websites that, I should not update to 3.1.2 if I want to be able to unlock.

i will need something called "PwnageTool".

well, right now, my i phone is bricked and i cannot see it's firmware version, neither anything else.
    the screen shows image like this:
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/phot...onebricked.jpg

please care to explain that.
    thanks.
    12-25-09 08:31 PM
    Your phone is in restore mode. You have no choice. Follow the instructions I gave you. It can be jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2 with blackra1n. If you don't feel that it will work then there's nothing more I can tell you.
    12-25-09 11:36 PM
    Your phone is in restore mode. You have no choice. Follow the instructions I gave you. It can be jailbroken and unlocked on 3.1.2 with blackra1n. If you don't feel that it will work then there's nothing more I can tell you.

I really want to try your method. but I am waiting for my Sim tray.

Is it necessary to put Sim card in it, before you install blacra1n?
    12-28-09 04:40 PM

And yes, just install the latest software on iTunes before you jailbreak.

Can you please tell me the name of that program that unlock it?

thanks.
    12-28-09 04:42 PM
    It's called "sn0w." It's one of only 3 program options you have when you open the
    blackra1n icon on the phone.
    12-28-09 05:04 PM
    Everything forever29 said... works. i am using the iphone 3g 16gb fw 3.1.2 flawlessly on tmobile with everything operable after completing these steps. havent picked up my 8900 since!
    12-29-09 08:45 AM
    make sure you got wifi access to actually download "snow" once jailbroken by blackra1n.
    12-29-09 10:35 AM
    make sure you got wifi access to actually download "snow" once jailbroken by blackra1n.

oh, yea i will keep in mind about it. thanks.
    12-30-09 06:59 PM
    oh, yea i will keep in mind about it. thanks.
    no prob. alot of people fail to mention that you have to have to be connected to wifi with internet in order for the blackra1n app to actually work. then you will be given 3 icons to install. snow, cydia, and rock. I install all three. afterwards you can delete the snow and blackra1n apps.
    12-31-09 10:49 AM
    no prob. alot of people fail to mention that you have to have to be connected to wifi with internet in order for the blackra1n app to actually work. then you will be given 3 icons to install. snow, cydia, and rock. I install all three. afterwards you can delete the snow and blackra1n apps.

can you tell, what those each 3 softwares do?

snow is for unlocking i phone, right?

what about other 2?
    12-31-09 08:54 PM
    can you tell, what those each 3 softwares do?

snow is for unlocking i phone, right?

what about other 2?
    Blackra1n = Jailbreak software
    Cydia = Repository and installation app for apps that work on jailbroke iphones
    Rock = same as Cydia just does it a differently.
    Sn0W = Unlocking software for iPhone
    01-01-10 02:34 PM
    After i installed blackra1n clicked make it run, my i phone reboot, and than i also receive message saying that my i phone is jail broken. However when i click OK, it says " waiting for device to reboot" , but it does NOT reboot. and after waiting for like 10 mins, i rebooted i phone by myself.

than again i got window same as before. showing the wire and i tune.

please help??
    Last edited by Desiguy100; 01-02-10 at 04:51 PM.
    01-02-10 02:11 PM
    You have a phone that was in production after the 40th week. Those have new bootroms and require a tethered jailbreak evertytime you turn off the phone or reboot. Connect the phone to the pc again and use blackra1n again. Whatever changes you made before will still be there.
    01-02-10 03:59 PM
    You have a phone that was in production after the 40th week. Those have new bootroms and require a tethered jailbreak evertytime you turn off the phone or reboot. Connect the phone to the pc again and use blackra1n again. Whatever changes you made before will still be there.

do i need to put t-mobile sim card in it, while installing blackra1n?
    01-02-10 04:53 PM
    No just leave sim card slot empty.
    01-02-10 04:58 PM
    Hey, i have sussesfully jailbreak it.

however to install cydia and than snow software, i need wifi.

but my wifi is not working. it just says connecting.

just to let u know, it's 3g, not 3gs.
    01-02-10 05:35 PM
    Once you've jailbroken you should be able to install Cydia without a wifi connection. I'm almost sure the same goes for sn0w. I jailbroke a friends 3GS the other day and installed Cydia through his cell signal connection.
    01-02-10 05:53 PM
    Nope, i needed wifi connection for both cydia and snow.

But i have done it, yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

i have successfully jailbreak and unlocked it.

man, thanks you million of times and god bless you. you r the best.

just to let u know, i have installed all of them, includes cydia, Rock, and sn0w.

that's fine, right?
    also should i now uninstall blackra1n now??

again, thanks u very much.
    01-02-10 06:13 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD