I'm sick of facebook crap showing up on my calendar. When I try to add new items it defaults to facebook instead of my normal calendar. I just want rid of my facebook calendar. How do I delete it? I've stopped it in the facebook app but it still shows up. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 10:31 AM
    Go into your facebook, then options then uncheck the calender option
    12-24-09 10:48 AM
    Already did that and have rebooted several times since then,but it still shows up on my calendar

12-24-09 10:51 AM
    To tell you the truth, I had to redo a bricked Tour about 3 times. The last time I redid it, I didn't put the back up to it and didn't put the Facebook notifications to my email or calendar. So far, no errors that cause it to brick.

Though, i've tried to download Opera 5 beta 2 and i get errors, though once I delete it, and then do a batterypull, everything comes up perfectly.

Anyone else experiencing this? I'm so frustrated without Opera 5!!! But the bricked phone is worse! Skyfire, where are you!!! What happened to the end of this summer?

WCM
    12-24-09 11:03 AM
    Delete the FB calendar from your service books. You'll need to delete it almost every time you reboot your Tour.
    12-24-09 11:24 AM
    How do I do that?

12-24-09 11:26 AM
    Service books under advanced options.
    12-24-09 11:31 AM
    Or you can go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services and set the CICAL to your desired calendar...
    12-24-09 11:38 AM
    Deleted facebook, deleted service book, re installed FB and unchecked calendar sync. TA DA... All fixed. Thanks for the help and merry christmas (or whatever you celebrate)

12-24-09 01:13 PM
    Festivus. It's time for the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people!
    12-24-09 03:07 PM
    Or you can go to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services and set the CICAL to your desired calendar...
    While reading found this helper/answer, did what you said, and cleared up my calendar problems, thanks much.
    12-24-09 04:11 PM
    My Tour won't allow Facebook to events to show up on my calendar nor will it sync with my contacts. When I go into the Facebook app>Options I go to where it says "Connect Your Facebook Account With:"

Blackberry Calendar Application
    Blackberry Message Application
    Blackberry Contacts Application

The only option I can choose from is the "Blackberry Message Application. The other two are gray and won't let me select them. I want Facebook synced with my calendar and contacts. How can I do this!? Someone please help, i've searched for this everywhere.
    12-25-09 01:57 AM
    Facebook is hit or miss that's why I've learned from previous run-ins on my first BB Bold (R.I.P.) to not expect a lot from Facebook and to only use it to upload pics and notifications for friends' brithdays.

I wish there were an alternative to the native app.
    08-11-10 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD