Since the Bb outages ive been frustrated with my 8900 so I called tmo and they offered me an upgrade to a 9700 or a mytouch. I'm tired of bbs so I chose to go with the mytouch for 14 day trial. I must that I love this phone. It takes a bit of getting used to, espcially the typing but o far ive gotten better.

So I'm curious as to who has a mytouch and what's your opinion. I'm may stick with this for a few days then return it for the nexus one.

I'm posting from the mytouch now nd I must say that it has a kickass browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by b4k3d; 12-24-09 at 10:04 AM.
    12-24-09 10:00 AM
    I can totally understand your frustration with the BIS servers for blackberry, Although I have been using blackberrys for about 6 years and i have never seen this. I would honestly give blackberry sometime they will get things worked out soon.

As far as the MyTouch, its a cool phone and has great internet features, other than that you will be completely annoyed with the battery life which for me lasted maybe 6-8 hours at best. I text 3-4,000 a month and talke about 1500 mins a month with 6 GB of internet use and my blackberry will last the day at least and sometimes 2 depending on what i am doing. Also with the mytouch as with any android phone they experience lots of software problems due to all the 3rd party applications and you will be doing a factory reset alot, just don't lose your gmail addy and password you will need it.

I would keep the mytouch for 10 days and return it an take Tmo up on the 9700 offer. You will be happier in the long run.

I hope this helps.
    12-24-09 10:07 AM
    I agree...lol ive had bbs for so long that i almost feel guilty! Ivebeen using the mytouch for a bit over 24 hours and the battery life does suck! I do love the browser and bigger screen and I do wish it had a slide out keyboard. I quess I just needed a vacation away from my bb...lol I definitely feel that I'm going back for the 9700.

My lesson learned so far is that touchscreens are cool but a Keyboard is definetly necessary from a productive point of view.

Last edited by b4k3d; 12-24-09 at 10:53 AM.
    12-24-09 10:51 AM
    Your pretty lucky in that you got a nice virtual keyboard, HTC phones virtual keyboards are actually pretty nice compared to other virtual keyboard

12-24-09 03:42 PM
    Your pretty lucky in that you got a nice virtual keyboard, HTC phones virtual keyboards are actually pretty nice compared to other virtual keyboard

Your right, its not that bad to type on with a lil practice and takes a bit of getting used to it. So far I am liking the phone. Emails come in just as fast as my bb!

12-24-09 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD