Vzw told me that's what an upgrade to a droid would cost me. New customer $199? That's BS. I heard it was $50 if my phone was defective. right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-09 07:39 AM
    12-24-09 07:49 AM
    Lets move this bad boy to the Verizon Forum section!
    12-24-09 07:52 AM
    Wait... Do you already have a Droid? Or are you looking to upgrade from a different phone to a Droid?
    12-24-09 07:57 AM
    I'm thinking he means an annual from the Storm1 to the Droid.
    12-24-09 07:59 AM
    If the OP has a Storm, or any phone for that matter that is not the Motorola Droid, he's not going to be able to pay $50 to get a Droid...

If he's eligible for an upgrade, the 2 year contract pricing is likely the lowest he'll get it for, unless of course he has promotional credits of some sort...
    12-24-09 08:35 AM
    He might have the $50 (well it used to be) deductible for the insurance confused with the upgrade price somehow.
    12-24-09 08:42 AM
    If you don't have a Droid yet and you are trying to do an exchange for a defective phone, then yes, it will cost you $50. Otherwise you will have to pay for the upgrade.
    12-24-09 08:49 AM
    If this is your first upgrade, you may have a $50 credit to use towards your purchase. But if you only do the one year, you will have to do the price of the phone (on upgrade) plus an additional $20
    12-24-09 09:56 AM
    my phones dims when it goes to landscape. Is that an eligible defect to go from s1 to droid? I feel the s2 will be a POS also.

12-24-09 10:27 AM
    No you cant just go to a different phone, and all the phones dim after a while. You will get a refurb storm 1. You cant just trade in phones for the new phone cause you want the newest thing.
    12-24-09 10:29 AM
    my phones dims when it goes to landscape. Is that an eligible defect to go from s1 to droid? I feel the s2 will be a POS also.

The Storm2 is an excellent phone, of course I thought the Storm1 (on 5.0) was a pretty good phone too.
    12-24-09 10:32 AM
    Stay away from the droid man, my girlfriend has gone through three different android phones. They look cool and the browser rocks, but other than that the phones suck. Stick with bb.
    12-24-09 10:35 AM

No. Not at all. You will not get a Droid for a Storm.
    12-24-09 10:50 AM
    If you don't have a Droid yet and you are trying to do an exchange for a defective phone, then yes, it will cost you $50. Otherwise you will have to pay for the upgrade.
    I have traded in my phone 3 times since march 09, and in the beginning of Dec I called trying to work out a trade in or some kind of credit I could get to my account to get the Droid. I am eligible for an upgrade and I am on a family account. They refused to do anything but give me a 4th POS samsung omnia. If I could get anything for my phone, any suggestions are welcomed.
    Thanks
    01-04-10 05:02 PM
    Vzw told me that's what an upgrade to a droid would cost me. New customer $199? That's BS. I heard it was $50 if my phone was defective. right?

Another person whining because they didnt fulfill thier contract and they want something new. This is different....
    01-04-10 05:22 PM
    I have traded in my phone 3 times since march 09, and in the beginning of Dec I called trying to work out a trade in or some kind of credit I could get to my account to get the Droid. I am eligible for an upgrade and I am on a family account. They refused to do anything but give me a 4th POS samsung omnia. If I could get anything for my phone, any suggestions are welcomed.
    Thanks
    What were the reasons for the first 3 trade ins?
    01-05-10 03:56 AM
    If the Droid is what he really wants, then I think $199 is a steal for that phone, right? Maybe I am not getting the point of his question. If you look at the moto Droids on ebay, they are selling for at least 400 big ones depending on condition. You can have any of type of phone you want, as long as you have the plan that fits the phone, right? Also I guess you must be willing to pay for the phone you want. I trade phones regularly so I do know a little about this. I have had Verizon only since August of '09 and this is my 4th phone, but my first VZ blackberry And no I didn't pay full price for it thru verizon, but I bought it used and was willing to pay for it because it is what I wanted and the plan was about the same as what I was paying for email and unlimited messaging on a POS voyager. Now if I had really wanted a bran new one, yes I probably would have paid full price and bought it though verizon. But I changed phones so often I didn't see any point in this. So I don't really know if any of this pertains to the matter at hand, but I guess my point is if you don't like what you have, get something different and you aren't required to buy your phone through verizon. And don't expect a good deal on a new phone at the verizon store if you are nowhere close to being eligible for one.

01-05-10 01:34 PM
    I just got off the phone with VZW and they are letting upgrade way early to the Eris. They're letting me get it for $270 with a $100 rebate on it. So basically, the 1 year pricing.
    01-05-10 03:08 PM
    Ekyle - I am curious now! How early are you getting your upgrade?

01-05-10 03:28 PM
    Ekyle - I am curious now! How early are you getting your upgrade?

I know you weren't talking to me but.. I got my Moto Droid for the 1 year contract price.

I got my upgrade in May of 09. Started out with a 8330 curve, traded it in on day 30 for a Storm1. I had the Storm as of like 2 weeks ago when I got fed up with my phone and decided I wanted the Droid. Basically I just told them I was sick of my Storm acting up( I've never gotten it replaced or anything. It was a POS but honestly, I just really wanted a Droid hahah ) and they were like ok you can get the Droid for the 1 year contract price which was like $320 or something like that. Oh which reminds me, i need to do the rebate thing! I get $100 back. Wayyy better than the full retail I was going to pay. I guess it depends on the store too though, some stores won't even offer you the extension.

I've gone through 3 different phones in the matter of like 8 months lol
    01-06-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD