Good morning guys. First off, I would like to thank this site and its contributors for helping me out numerous times by simply searching this site for a solution.

However, this morning, my issue seems totally inexplicable. Yesterday night I went to sleep with a fully functional BB. When I woke up, my BB was dead, completely black and dead. No amount of removing the battery (even swapping it with my spare battery that's fully charged), re-seating the SIM, plugging it in to the power, plugging it in to the laptop... nothing. I have 0 activity on my BB.

I fear the worst, and I'm thinking it might just be dead for real. I am hoping however that I failed at finding a solution during my search and that someone here might be able to help!

Thanks in advance.
    12-24-09 06:58 AM
    Just to clarify, the LED light isn't blinking or doing anything either.
    12-24-09 06:59 AM
    Anyone? sorry (my patience is being tested----and it's failing).

Another thing, Reed's 'How do I recover a dead BB' won't work because Apploader doesn't recognize the phone's existence, so no drop down of COM ports, and the detect box is grayed out.
    12-24-09 07:52 AM
    Sorry I can't help you. I'm sorry for your loss. I am a new owner myself and I come here to learn (and once in a while, I can help someone else.)

I think you should contact AT&T. Maybe your problem will be fixed under warranty. Good luck.
    12-24-09 08:05 AM
    My BB is a company BB, so the problem isn't a cost problem, it's moreso the fact that I have to go through Unisys, send them my phone, so someone can have fun with it for a while then decide a week or 10 later that it needs to be replaced.. I travel each every week and my next trip is Monday. So I'm kind of screwed
    12-24-09 08:08 AM
    My first though is a dead battery, but you have ruled that out by swapping in a known good battery.

The next suspect is the connection to the battery. Inspect the four Gold contact patches on the battery and clean them with a pink rubber eraser. Inspect and clean the 4 Gold contact springs inside the BlackBerry.

Do you get any response when you connect to a USB port?

12-24-09 10:04 AM
    Just cleaned the contacts on both battery and phone, they looked mint (phone isn't too old). Nothing...

No reaction to usb plugging in at all
    12-24-09 10:25 AM
    try charging it with the electric travel charger?

another is to leave the battery out for five minutes to try to totally discharge the device and put the battery back in.

you just woke up to a dead blackberry? wont turn on, screen black? anything weird happened yesterday?
    12-24-09 10:38 AM
    I tried both... I plugged it in to a power outlet, nothing.

Now that you mention it, I was on a conference call yesterday when my BB just died in the middle of the call. Turned it back on, went back to normal.

Otherwise, exactly as I described it. Woke up, did my routine "lemme-check-my-emails-quick-while-my-gf-frowns-at-me". DEAD...
    12-24-09 10:48 AM
    Bad battery ... go to the store and get a new one. Following that it could be your device, but the battery replacing is your easiest route to narrow down what's going on. Following that, it's gotta be your device man ... sorry about this. :-(
    12-24-09 11:03 AM
    I have 2 batteries, one in device, one being charged. Always. They are both good batteries. Tried both.

I'm thinking that's it, the device is gone.... I really hoped someone had seen this
    12-24-09 11:09 AM
    I tried both... I plugged it in to a power outlet, nothing.

Now that you mention it, I was on a conference call yesterday when my BB just died in the middle of the call. Turned it back on, went back to normal.

Otherwise, exactly as I described it. Woke up, did my routine "lemme-check-my-emails-quick-while-my-gf-frowns-at-me". DEAD...
    Possible gf sabotage?

Sorry, as was mentioned, it sounds like the device.
    12-24-09 12:21 PM
    Try using apploader without the battery in. It may recognize the device and you can reload an OS onto it. If it does, then put in the battery before it goes to step to -- waiting for device initialization.
    12-24-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD