I work for a large corporation and mainly use my BB for email. My current BB (AT&T 8800) just died, and I need to pick between the Verizon Storm2 and the AT&T Bold 9700. I would go for the Bold but think AT&T service leaves a lot to be desired. Would the Storm2 serve my purposes, or should I go with the Bold? Thanks for any advice you can offer.
    12-23-09 10:34 PM
    Its all going to be personal preference on touchscreen or physical keyboard. I currently use the 9700 and love it and have used the storm 2 and like it as well. I do like the keyboard on the storm 2 a little better but haven't gotten the time with it like I have with the 9700. Each will come with a 30 day trial so try both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 10:38 PM
    No brainer. I gave up after 3 storms screens went bad. If you email a lot 9700 is the bomb. Love it. Super fast, no batt pulls long bat life ( storm bat life sucks bad) and new software gives me almost no dropped calls in calif and idaho.
    Try it maybe you will be one of the few to get one that works.

12-23-09 10:38 PM
    No brainer. I gave up after 3 storms screens went bad. If you email a lot 9700 is the bomb. Love it. Super fast, no batt pulls long bat life ( storm bat life sucks bad) and new software gives me almost no dropped calls in calif and idaho.
    Try it maybe you will be one of the few to get one that works.

Do you have AT&T service or T-Mobile? How are your call quality and 3G coverage? I live in NYC and both are sometimes iffy with AT&T.
    12-23-09 10:56 PM
    Don't let the S2 horror stories scare you away. While there are a significant number of folks who have had problems with the initial release of the Storm 2, they are the exception and not the rule. We only see a lot of them here online because it is the people with the problems that make the most noise (and rightly so! How else will you get your issue taken care of?)

The majority of people have fully functioning S2's, me being one of them. Just look at the user satisfaction polls here on the site.

My last BB was a Curve 8330 and my wife has the Tour 9630. I loved my physical keyboards but the S2 is far and away a better device than either of those two for typing. And the added screen size makes it a done deal. I cannot comment on the 9700 as I have not used it but I can say that the S2 is a beast for email as well. As far as network coverage goes, VZW and ATT have pretty comparable 2G networks but it is true that VZW has more 3G coverage. Just a fact. If you are in a major metro area then it may be a moot point. You just have to find out where coverage is in your area.
    12-23-09 11:03 PM
    Don't let the S2 horror stories scare you away. While there are a significant number of folks who have had problems with the initial release of the Storm 2, they are the exception and not the rule. We only see a lot of them here online because it is the people with the problems that make the most noise (and rightly so! How else will you get your issue taken care of?)

The majority of people have fully functioning S2's, me being one of them. Just look at the user satisfaction polls here on the site.

My last BB was a Curve 8330 and my wife has the Tour 9630. I loved my physical keyboards but the S2 is far and away a better device than either of those two for typing. And the added screen size makes it a done deal. I cannot comment on the 9700 as I have not used it but I can say that the S2 is a beast for email as well. As far as network coverage goes, VZW and ATT have pretty comparable 2G networks but it is true that VZW has more 3G coverage. Just a fact. If you are in a major metro area then it may be a moot point. You just have to find out where coverage is in your area.
    Couldn't say it any better.
    12-23-09 11:10 PM
    Yes agreed with the above about the S2. As for the battery also, I have no problem getting through atleast a day, and thats with a lot of texting and emails, some bbm, a lot of brick breaker, and moderate web browsing.
    12-23-09 11:28 PM
    Yes agreed with the above about the S2. As for the battery also, I have no problem getting through atleast a day, and thats with a lot of texting and emails, some bbm, a lot of brick breaker, and moderate web browsing.
    Yep same hear

12-23-09 11:58 PM
    I am on att with 9700...the storm could and should be awesome if htey would fix the screen and give it battery life to get thru a day. If you actually talk on it for any length with your blue tooth there is no way you can get thru a full day. I can do this for 2 days on my 9700.

They will fix the screen soon and hopefully the software will cath up..Nice form factor and I do miss the big screen...
    12-24-09 08:46 AM
    I am on att with 9700...the storm could and should be awesome if htey would fix the screen and give it battery life to get thru a day. If you actually talk on it for any length with your blue tooth there is no way you can get thru a full day. I can do this for 2 days on my 9700.

They will fix the screen soon and hopefully the software will cath up..Nice form factor and I do miss the big screen...
    There is nothing wrong with the screen on the storm2, or the battery life. I use my phone 2 1/2-4hrs a day according to iluvmyblackberry. I spend a good deal of time on the phone with a bluetooth and still have on average 20% battery life at the end of the day.
    12-24-09 09:07 AM
    I think the most important consideration would be your wireless service quality. I've had both phones and while I liked the Bold a bit more, AT&T doesn't have good service where I work and so it didn't do me much good.
    12-24-09 10:12 AM
    Is it easy to edit Office documents on the Storm2?

12-26-09 10:56 AM
    I know some IT guys that use the Storm and some still use the Bold. And they both like their choices. So it come down to what you are comfortable with...

12-26-09 12:02 PM
    I work for a large corporation and mainly use my BB for email. My current BB (AT&T 8800) just died, and I need to pick between the Verizon Storm2 and the AT&T Bold 9700. I would go for the Bold but think AT&T service leaves a lot to be desired. Would the Storm2 serve my purposes, or should I go with the Bold? Thanks for any advice you can offer.
    I have both and prefer the 9700 for its keyboard and battery life; especially the latter--I think the 9700 has about double the battery life of the S2 for a medium to heavy user. Also, themes and apps are easier to find for the 9700.

12-26-09 12:21 PM
    How was your coverage with AT&T? Ask your co-workers how their coverage is with VZW. Do you travel a lot for your job? How is coverage when traveling?

You would be better off choosing the carrier that will provide better coverage and then picking the device you like best that the carrier offers. A great device will not be of much use if you have crummy coverage.
    12-26-09 12:30 PM
    How was your coverage with AT&T? Ask your co-workers how their coverage is with VZW. Do you travel a lot for your job? How is coverage when traveling?

You would be better off choosing the carrier that will provide better coverage and then picking the device you like best that the carrier offers. A great device will not be of much use if you have crummy coverage.
    This is the best advice, so far....
    12-26-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD