12-23-09 09:20 PM
    I pitty da fool who doesn't get a Storm 3!
    12-23-09 09:23 PM
    19 second boot time huh? I'll believe it when I see it.
    12-23-09 09:26 PM
    Exactly. Hey, at least battery pulls won't be as annoying!
    12-23-09 09:30 PM
    19 seconds????? Can't exist on a BB! can only hope!

For the 512mb ram memory could be pretty cool...
    12-23-09 09:32 PM
    Since the Storm2 is what the Storm1 should have been, will the Storm3 be what the Storm2 should have been?
    12-23-09 09:36 PM
    The browser will be upgraded to include tabbed browsing. The tabs are at the bottom of the screen. We are unsure if this is going to be the Iris browser by Torch Mobile.
    I def hope that will be on there. 5.1 OS doesnt sound too promising though, but widgets sound nice. If all of this comes out in April, that would be ahead of schedule! Hope i can get 5.1 and the new browser on my BB.
    12-23-09 09:40 PM
    If they don't make the Storm3 a slider, then they need to make the slider as another line or something. With all the users I support, only about 10% want anything to do with a touchscreen-only BB, but I could see 60-70% picking one up with a physical keyboard also.
    12-23-09 09:43 PM
    It wouldn't be releasing in April...it is an estimate that rim could possibly show it at WES 2010 in April

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:01 PM
    Since the Storm2 is what the Storm1 should have been, will the Storm3 be what the Storm2 should have been?
    haha the never ending trend of what should have beens
    12-23-09 11:16 PM
    It just wouldn't be a Storm anymore if it has a keyboard ):
    That's just IMO xD
    12-23-09 11:16 PM
    It just wouldn't be a Storm anymore if it has a keyboard ):
    That's just IMO xD
    I don't think it will release as a slider. Hopefully if there is a slider, it has its own series and they keep the storm series.
    12-23-09 11:18 PM
    I don't think it will release as a slider. Hopefully if there is a slider, it has its own series and they keep the storm series.
    I completely agree. If RIM addes a qwerty slider, it kind of takes away from the whole "STORM" theme to begin with. If they want a slider, they should make a new line of devices. Leave the storm alone.
    12-23-09 11:27 PM
    I would hate the addition of a physical keyboard. It takes away from the Storm line and if this phone is to be as thin as the iPhone then I don't want it to have a physical keyboard.
    12-23-09 11:33 PM
    19 seconds????? Can't exist on a BB! can only hope!

For the 512mb ram memory could be pretty cool...
    Why would 512MB of RAM be cool? I guess it'll help speed processing along some. The real question is, how much OS/App Flash memory does it have? Two totally different things. I will tell you this. If they made a mistake and 512MB is the app flash memory on the S3, RIM's not learning anything.

12-23-09 11:58 PM
    The S3 looks to be really nice. Most phones with slide out keyboards feel kind of cheap but maybe RIM can build a good one. Widgets get my attention. I'm really liking the latest OS upgrade for the S1. Maybe I'll hold out for the S3 and completely skip the S2.
    12-24-09 12:05 AM
    Time will tell pk lol

12-24-09 12:31 AM
    It will be interesting to see what this looks like and see for sure specs. I think it will be a great phone because, well, RIM needs it to be.
    12-24-09 12:32 AM
    LOL, nice 1
    12-24-09 12:34 AM
    Totally agree on that 19 seconds boot time
    12-24-09 12:39 AM
    Why would 512MB of RAM be cool? I guess it'll help speed processing along some. The real question is, how much OS/App Flash memory does it have? Two totally different things. I will tell you this. If they made a mistake and 512MB is the app flash memory on the S3, RIM's not learning anything.

Unless I'm mistaken App Flash memory is needed to run multiple applications simultaneously. Should RIM choose a dual-core cpu such as Cortex A9 that supports SMP and the OS is configured to take advantage of SMP or dual-core cpu (not to be mistaken with multicore which pretty much all other chipsets have; applications cpu + DSP), then this is WHAT RIM should be learning.

9700 is amazing with running multiple applications, possibly better than the original Bold. Leave the storage to the MicroSD, and hopefully RIM will open up the API for apps to be stored there, and run on-board. Then again maybe this is what makes the platform more secure by not allowing this.
    12-25-09 03:05 AM
    RIM needs to STOP thinking that they could rely on outside memory storage to solve their app memory issues. They need to increase onboard OS/App memory to GB sizes and they need to do that now! Stop dicking with 512MB and less of app memory... that isht is USELESS!!!
    So why does RIM need to increase the size of onboard storage beyond 512mb if they open up the functionality to load apps directly off a sdcard? 512 is plenty for the OS and any critical apps that would not be allowed to be loaded from portable storage.

Webkit and openGL seem to do quite well running on the iPhone on 128 and 256MB with backgrounder on (not so much on the 2/3G but the 3GS runs fine). All RIM needs to do is open up that sdcard for app storage and all will be good.

12-25-09 01:13 PM
    IMHO, 4 things are now missing to RIM to compete on new smartphones market :
    - flash player
    - landscape slide keyboard
    - high def screen
    - fast processor including 3D capabilities

Let's hope this Storm 3 (or any name it could get) be the first one.
    12-26-09 12:09 PM
    RIM needs to STOP thinking that they could rely on outside memory storage to solve their app memory issues. They need to increase onboard OS/App memory to GB sizes and they need to do that now! Stop dicking with 512MB and less of app memory... that isht is USELESS!!!
    I agree and I am confused with RIM on why they gave the Essex 2GB of device memory but they can't up the RAM to GB instead of MB?
    12-26-09 12:25 PM
    IMHO, 4 things are now missing to RIM to compete on new smartphones market :
    - flash player
    - landscape slide keyboard
    - high def screen
    - fast processor including 3D capabilities

Let's hope this Storm 3 (or any name it could get) be the first one.
    Plus a new webkit borwser, then the blackberry will be complete

12-26-09 03:22 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD