For some reason I can't get youtube videos to play on the Eris. The app came on the phone soo I would have to think it can....Tried all the phones in two VZW stores and same thing. "Sorry can not play video" would pop up.

Any ideas?
    12-23-09 06:32 PM
    I have tried two Eris's and they both did the same thing. My Motorola Droid doesn't do that at all, works all of the time.
    As to your question again, I don't know why it hasen't been brought up more because it is a well known issue. This only happens on the Eris, not the Motorola.
    It could be the lack of 2.0 software, I just don't know the answer.
    12-23-09 08:58 PM
    I never had a problem watching YouTube on my hero and it's 1.5. Someone should come along and help you out that has one.
    12-23-09 09:22 PM
    If you go in there the YouTube website, you can watch any video. Not being able to watch them all when using the icon is a common Eris problem.
    12-23-09 11:00 PM
    Found out you can go to the mobile youtube site, but can't use the quick link on the phone...Nor can you watch youtube videos people might email or text. Sucks hope they fix it because this phone rocks and that would be a major con!!!!
    12-26-09 11:48 PM
    Yep also can't watch YouTube hd. On mobile site you cabln watch regular but not hd eight looks looks really Sharp on other mobile devises. Hope they fix soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 09:42 PM
    i brought my daughter an eris and right out the box shewas able to watch youtube. but for some reason there are certain videos that don't play. i begining to wonder if its the format it was uploaded in
    12-28-09 12:44 AM
    I have been able to play ALL videos on my Droid so far. Now that I have said this, let's see if next one won't work!! lol
    12-28-09 08:58 AM
    I've narrowed the bug down to some specifics and will be notifying HTC, Verizon, and Android over the next couple of days, starting tomorrow. I have outlined some workarounds for the time being....

Please read this and bookmark for future information on Android and Devices....

Android: Bug in YouTube app � HTC Droid Eris | Stag Hacks

-Ian
    12-31-09 01:48 AM
    I talked to HTC yesterday and they are aware of the problem and said they'll push an update to the phone when they have one. The workaround is just using youtube through the browser.
    12-31-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD