I realize that there are threads out there like this, but none that have answered the questions I have. Background is that I have had the Storm1 for almost a year. Same one, never had any major issues to take it in. But with the S2 out, I'm looking to make a change.

I am wondering if anyone out there has had a Storm1 and switched to the Tour, and how that went. Even better if you had S1-->Tour-->S2 (or S2-->Tour). I really do love the Storm and its capabilities, despite all the problems it has had.

Problem is, I have never had a physical keyboard phone. I switched from an old Samsung slider phone with T9 straight to the Storm. I have rather large fingers/thumbs, and have tried typing on a friend's Tour and had issues (slow typing speed, ton of errors). So this is basically the biggest issue for me. Also, just wondering how apps work on the tour. I run things like SlickTasks, UberTwitter, GoogleMaps, Pandora, FB. I also use the browser a lot.

So if anyone has experience, or knowledge from a friend about the pros and cons, and what you think, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    12-23-09 04:06 PM
    My situation is almost <b>exactly</b> the same situation as yours. I had the Storm since the sixth of December. I had minimal problems with it and virtually had no issues with it.

My fiancee got to upgrade to the Tour and I absolutely <b>had</b> to get one. I had, at one point, had a Curve before my Storm and missed my keyboard and all of its nice shortcuts. So, I <b>had</b> to get myself a Tour.

I had a good time with it until my upgrade came around about a month later. I had never had the intention to keep the Tour for an extended period of time, but in the end I felt like keeping it.

I now use my Storm2 and love it. The added WiFi is awesome and the added memory over the S1 make me love downloading apps all over again. The S1 had such little memory that downloading apps was an impossibility and I just lost touch of it.

Now I feel free and I love it.
    12-23-09 06:14 PM
    I haven't had any problems on my storm 1 except a few user errors when upgrading OS's. As you can see from my sig I've upgraded a lot. Add about 6 4.7 builds to that and you have my Storm's history.

I just received a storm 2 for Christmas and I must say I'm simply amazed. The memory management is outstanding. I've had 4 ota apps running all night. And I woke up to more memory than I had before. Typing is much more accurate. And since I've had my storm 1 for a year. Typing on this thing is like second nature. But I can type faster after owning this device for barely a day due to the improved technology. I have quadruple the apps I had on my storm. And I have 5 themes loaded with no lag.

All in all I just want to recommend upgrading to the storm 2. It's an amazing device. And it's a Blackberry. =]

I had my storm for a full year. And I plan to have this storm 2 for at least 2 years. Love this device already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 11:57 AM
    I'm a similar story as well. I unfortunately had so many issues with my oringial S1 that VZW gave me a Tour when it was released. I really missed the screen on the Tour and a couple weeks ago got a good used S1 on ebay. I've been using it and haven't looked back. No major issues to speak of it is night and day from the device I got rid of. I still have my Tour and am/was keeping it in case the storm laid an egg on me.

So far it's great and haven't looked back or picked up my tour. Now don't go round spreading rumors The Tour is a great device and gave me absolutely zero issues right out of the box. I can say nothing bad about my tour I just missed the screen size from storm.

That being said here is my wish list to make the storm a perfect phone:
    1. More memory onboard
    2. Better/faster browser
    3. Slide out physical keyboard (better than that poor excuse of a keyboard o n the droid)

Short list for me
    12-26-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD