I am , in Violet and I'm dead excited only a couple of days to go .
    I've heard all the positive things you can do with a BB device , I've read the BB 101's on CrackBerry and I can't wait to use my new device ; I'm itching to hold it with my hands ; I'm gonna become addicted , its inevitable , hahaha .
    12-23-09 02:12 PM
    I got one for Christmas, My own gift to myself But a little bit earlier, cause I couldn't wait , On december 10th
    12-23-09 02:20 PM
    Ah lucky ! How are you finding it ? Like is it generally a good phone ?
    12-23-09 02:29 PM
    I got mine on Black Friday. I'm loving it. Not loving the outage we had yesterday, but I'm loving the phone. Love the trackpad. So easy.
    12-23-09 02:52 PM
    I got mine on Black Friday. I'm loving it. Not loving the outage we had yesterday, but I'm loving the phone. Love the trackpad. So easy.
    Ah Wicked I'm so looking forward to getting my phone with this positive feedback
    12-23-09 03:07 PM
    So, you wanted an opinion, here it is:

Cons - Lack of flash(doesn't bother me that much), lack of 3G (compensated by WI-FI support), lack of built-in GPS(compensated by the external bluetooth one), a few minor bugs and some missing options, that can be found in the 8530(like setting your phone to ring and vibrate at the same time right from the beggining when ou are receiving a phone call), lack of pod charging support.

Pro's - Everything else The incredible qulity of the 2 Mp camera, the incredible sound it provides(the 3.5 mm jack it has allows maximum connectivity to virtually any ordinary headphones, speakers, sound systems), the quality of videos, when converted to .m4v (close to .mkv - HD 1080 P), the cursor of the native browser, which is absolutely fantastic, the trackpad, giving you the feeling you're on a laptop, the support for up to 32 Gb of external memory, the support for official apps like Yahoo! Messenger, Facebook, Opera 5 mini beta, built-in e-mail client, the incredible customization it provides (e.g. - You can turn all the colours on everything on the phone to Black&White or reverse, whithout changing the theme), the bedside mode for the clock, with various customizations, the voice dialling which is great(You kinda have a conversation with the phone it goes like this : (Phone): Say a command. (Me): Dad (Phone): Did you mean Dad? (Me): Yes (Phone): Calling Dad. And it beggins the call), the PC-like functions of booting up in safe-mode, turning off to standby, or hibernate, or even virus scan, the possibility of communication freely with anyone anywhere on the globe with a blackberry through blackberry messenger, and many many others, don't want to be too much of a spoiler.

Overall : It's a great phone, best I've ever had, and I've had quite a few believe me You'll have fun with it, and anything you want to ask, you're welcome to do it here
    12-23-09 06:32 PM
    Also 8530 has gps, 3g, and wi-fi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 07:59 PM
    Also 8530 has gps, 3g, and wi-fi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You just had to say it ))
    12-24-09 02:47 AM
    But to be honest there isn't really much of a difference between the 8520 and the 8530 right ?
    12-24-09 08:20 AM
    8530s got 3G and GPS, 8520s don't. That's 'all'. ��
    12-24-09 09:02 AM
    I am I am! lol it's a gift for me myself and I. I got the white T mobile one I hope I love it. I had the 8900 which I miss terribly BUT I am going to give this one a try
    12-24-09 06:50 PM
    I've got it now for 2 days!
    12-25-09 03:11 PM
    I've just mine today + I am completely in love with it
    Thank You RIM
    12-25-09 04:36 PM
    not me,unfortunately.
    12-26-09 09:13 AM
    got it: Pros: Bluetooth and looks cool, good battery life and music quality:

Cons: won't let me upgrade OS, Email don't work
    12-26-09 09:17 AM
    Got mine yesterday but didnt really have a play with it as it was locked to orange.
    Got it unlocked today and upgraded my vodafone contract to include BB plan.
    so far i am loving it.
    12-26-09 02:50 PM
    Cons: won't let me upgrade OS, Email don't work
    Looks like user issues to me.....not device/OS issues
    12-26-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD