I was wondering if they still have SMS/BBM integration in either of them? Or is it just forever in the BBM 5.0's and OS 5.0. I asked in the actual thread but nobody answered me right.. lol.
    12-23-09 08:48 AM
    Think you need OS 5.0 in order for SMS/BBM inter. I have BBM 5.--.57 and running 4.7--.61 and don't have that. My wife has OS 5 and BBM .56 and she has both.
    12-23-09 08:58 AM
    According to RIM, version .57 fixes issues related to .56 that was "somehow" related to the outage yesterday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 09:56 AM
    Aw, so the integration is always gonna be there with an OS 5.0 and BBM 5.0? The integration is so deathly annoying!! >_<!!
    12-23-09 12:27 PM
    What is this "integration" your talking about?
    12-23-09 12:31 PM
    when i get an sms from someone who also is a contact on my bbm, it shows up in bbm. and when i get a bbm from that same person, it shows up in sms as well as bbm. why can't it be seperate? but i don't want to remove the person from my bbm list, i just want the option of either smsing them or bbming them.
    12-23-09 01:08 PM
    When in BBM, highlight the contact or go to their profile, press BB button, then scroll to "Remove Contacts Link." It won't delete your BBM contact, and all BBM and SMS will be seperated.

You can also go into the BBM options and uncheck "show chats in messages appliction," that will make it so no BBM message shows in your message folder.

I hope this fixes your issue. One question for you though, Other than in an outage like last night, Why are your sending a SMS when you can BBM them? I don't mean to sound like an *** but I'm just curious.
    12-23-09 01:20 PM
    One reason I SMS sometimes instead of BBM is that when my wife is on the phone an SMS will be delivered but a BBM won't. We both have 8900s and EDGE won't do voice and data at the same time. Since she has a tendency to stay on the phone for a while with her Mom, sisters, etc., sometimes I just SMS her and know she can go to speakerphone and get the message. If she's at home its not a problem since we have WiFi. This might also be an issue for people who have 3G phones but operate in an area with no 3G coverage.
    12-23-09 01:36 PM
    Thank You Josey. That's a very good reason. I have also heard it's helpful when sending a mass text to a group of people (some have BB's and some don't)

I have never had a situation in which I needed to send a text to someone in BBM, but I am beginning to understand now. Thanks
    12-23-09 02:06 PM
    Honestly, I have no idea why I choose to SMS over BBM.. I just like the option of doing either. Not a lot of my buddies have BBM either, so I get used to just smsing them. But then sometimes, when I have the chance, I'd bbm them instead.
    12-23-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD