I always connect my phone to wifi at home and at work. and every times I was making a phone call and drive out of range of wifi at home or at work. Calls will drop... why was that? Is that happen to anyone.

Thanks.
    12-23-09 08:07 AM
    If you are no longer in range of the wifi access then you will lose the connection and the call will drop; that is if you only have wifi on only.

If you want to have the phone switch back to the regular cell towers, then you need to have both 'mobile network' and 'wifi' network connections turned on with wifi connection in preferred mode.
    12-23-09 08:19 AM
    If you are no longer in range of the wifi access then you will lose the connection and the call will drop; that is if you only have wifi on only.

If you want to have the phone switch back to the regular cell towers, then you need to have both 'mobile network' and 'wifi' network connections turned on with wifi connection in preferred mode.
    thanks for the answer. and how can I do that? sorry for noob question. Thanks again.
    12-23-09 08:32 AM
    Go into the 'Settings' folder then 'Options', scroll to 'Mobile Network', and you'll see 'Connection Preference'. I'm sure you can take it from there.
    12-23-09 09:39 AM
    thanks again
    12-23-09 10:38 AM
    This is the result of a poor UMA to GSM handoff. Happens sometimes.
    12-23-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD