hey guys, most of my BBM friends are "linked to blackberry contact" and i've realized how annoying it is to see a text received in my BBM list as well as my SMS list. i've went through at least 30 contacts and deleted their PIN thats saved in the contact but once the phone reboots it automatically adds their PIN back into my address book. is there a way i can "unlink" my contacts so my BBMs and SMSs are recieved seperately??

i also have the latest OS 5.0.0.411 installed in my BOLD 9000 if that makes a difference. thanks.
    12-23-09 04:28 AM
    Try the latest BBM 5.0.0.57... Maybe this would help Helped for me...
    12-23-09 05:27 AM
    I wouldn't mind if all SMS messages showed up in bbm instead of (not duplicate) sms as long as I had an option to clear specific messages within a chat. As it is now, I can delete certain messages from within a SMS thread, which selectivity is important to me.
    12-23-09 05:57 AM
    Try the latest BBM 5.0.0.57... Maybe this would help Helped for me...
    I have that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 06:29 AM
    Hi all,

Am having similar isues.
    Recently installed OS 5.0.0.238 Bold 9000 and when i send a sms message the sent items still show in my inbox with a "D" next to it (even though hide sent messages is set to "Yes").

Is there a way i can fix this so it does not show my sent messages?
    12-23-09 06:43 AM
    same problem here

storm 5.0.0.419 with bbm 5.0.0.57
    12-23-09 11:09 AM
    When in BBM, highlight your contact and click the menu button. You will then be able to scroll to the option "unlink contact". That will separate the messages.

12-23-09 12:15 PM
    Is there any way to have SMS and BBM completely seperate while still having contacts under BBM? I want it like before when it was all like 4.7 OS because it had both like seperate "lives" instead of being linked together. There's no option? Because I want to have the option on whether or not I want to sms or bbm them, not have them both together and question which one i did?!
    12-23-09 12:26 PM
    When in BBM, highlight your contact and click the menu button. You will then be able to scroll to the option "unlink contact". That will separate the messages.

looks like that works, thanks. its "remove contacts link"
    12-23-09 03:56 PM
    Will "remove contact link" still give me the option to BBM them whenever i want or will i still have to pin them again.
    12-23-09 10:52 PM
    Sorry, was posting too fast... Will try the unlink thing too Merry Christmas to everyone!

12-24-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD