Hey Everyone... I've been having trouble with Google Voice all day. Right now, I can't get the Mobile App to work. As I kept messing around, I decided to check all my other Google Apps I have on my BB and to my surprise none of them are working/able to connect.

The Google Apps I am currently using are... Maps, Voice, Talk, Gmail and Sync.

I have signed out of each one of them, turned my phone off and on and pulled the battery, all to no avail.

Is anyone else having Google app issues or am I alone and stuck in a Google App services vortex?

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
    12-22-09 07:13 PM
    If your somewhere in or around North America, you're experiencing BIS outage.
    A lot of the applications that use BlackBerry's Internet Services won't work.
    Last edited by Nalinith; 12-22-09 at 07:17 PM.
    12-22-09 07:15 PM
    same problem in NewYorkCity .. including when I was WIFI connected to GoogleGuest outside their NYC HQ
    12-22-09 07:21 PM
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that too. I am currently connected to my WIFI at home ans still no dice.

I think Nalinith is right. I just tried to connect to Facebook app and Ubertwitter and neither will connect.

Crazy thing is I have received email today and I've used Opera Mini 5 a few times too without a problem.
    12-22-09 07:26 PM
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that too. I am currently connected to my WIFI at home ans still no dice.

I think Nalinith is right. I just tried to connect to Facebook app and Ubertwitter and neither will connect.

Crazy thing is I have received email today and I've used Opera Mini 5 a few times too without a problem.
    There have been reports that users are still able to use Opera...
    probably through wifi?
    12-22-09 07:30 PM
    I'm on a non-BIS connected blackberry(8350i) and have had no issues connecting to gmail, opera, yelp app and BBweather. I'm in southern California on the Boost network not using wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 08:31 PM
    The outage is affecting pretty much anything that uses data.

I'm able to still use OperaMini - apparently it doesn't go through RIM's proxy servers (my Tour doesn't have wifi).
    12-22-09 08:40 PM
    The outage is affecting pretty much anything that uses data.

I'm able to still use OperaMini - apparently it doesn't go through RIM's proxy servers (my Tour doesn't have wifi).
    I just fired up the Bolt Browser a few minutes ago (10pm pacific time) and it worked.
    12-23-09 12:11 AM
    I just fired up the Bolt Browser a few minutes ago (10pm pacific time) and it worked.
    Opera/Bolt don't seem to go through BIS, but use providers data services directly.
    12-23-09 12:35 AM
    its currently 12:13hst am and im still having trouble w/ bis and emails have been coming in very late if ever at all. plus my apps and browser are a no go...
    12-23-09 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD