Ok So I loaded in 5.0 230 and i love it one minor issue I seem to be having that i cant explain

when I'm sending a SMS .. I love the threaded aspect .. but when I close out of that "chat" with the person it stays bold .. even if I go back in its not "clearing" .. if I go to "Mark all prior read" it will unbold it but so far thats all I can see how to do that

anyone know how or what to do to mark them as read instead of doing all the entra steps .. one would figure closing it would mark it read

Also I noticed with my one friend .. when I SMS her the listing also appears in the BBM chat window
    Last edited by x143x; 12-22-09 at 05:31 PM.
    12-22-09 03:05 PM
    Also I noticed with my one friend .. when I SMS her the listing also appears in the BBM chat window
    I believe this is an intended feature - this will happen with anyone who is in your bbm list that you sms
    12-22-09 03:52 PM
    It's all SMS messages (doesn't have to be a BBM contact). When it's a new message, the icon to the left of the sender is blue. When it has been read, the icon is white.

MMS still looks like it always has.
    12-22-09 04:06 PM
    I understand about the contacts that have BBM will show their txt in the BBM

what Im referring to is after I read a txt and reply no matter what I do the message will show up BOLD in the txt window list as if it was an unread message .. the other txt arent bold just the ones I havent "marked as read" thru that option

See image below .. the first SMS message has been read but it shows up BOLD as if its unread .. if I were to goto the date and click on MARK ALL READ it would unbold and look like the rest .. ALL my SMS do this until I goto the date and mark them read
    12-22-09 05:30 PM
    Bug in 5.0 only work around I know of is to go to the top today's date, hit menu, then select Mark Prior Read and scroll over affected messages.
    12-22-09 06:09 PM
    That doesn't work that's the issue he made be delete sms contacts out of my bbm, waiting for a OS update to fix it but havent seen one.
    12-22-09 06:13 PM
    Bug in 5.0 only work around I know of is to go to the top today's date, hit menu, then select Mark Prior Read and scroll over affected messages.
    I am running into the same bug, and as far as I know, this is the only fix.
    12-22-09 06:25 PM
    same thing here. Every convo in my list is still bold.
    12-22-09 06:39 PM
    I am running into the same bug, and as far as I know, this is the only fix.
    Ditto to that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    12-23-09 07:25 PM
    The items stay bold, but the sms "bubble" turns from blue to white, so that is how to know you read the message.
    12-23-09 09:13 PM
    This isn't a glitch, in sms messages the contacts name stays bold no matter what, the chat bubble turns from blue to white, if you're still seeing unread messages on your home screen scroll to the message in the window till the yellow arrow next to the last messages disappears to show your phone you read it, they stay bold on 5.0 to differentiate between you sms's from missed calls emails etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 09:40 PM
    Mine did something like that The little arrow to the left of the sms would stay orange.

I'd usually just put the cursor in that particular box for a little bit and it would usually go away. Sometimes it would say 5 or 6 SMS but not show up as "red star" new. They'd just be unread. I don't know, I downgraded today and am wary about reloading 5.0, as much as I loved it!

But my SMS never showed up in my BBM. I have my SMS and messages divided though, so maybe that's it?
    12-23-09 09:41 PM
    This isn't a glitch, in sms messages the contacts name stays bold no matter what, the chat bubble turns from blue to white, if you're still seeing unread messages on your home screen scroll to the message in the window till the yellow arrow next to the last messages disappears to show your phone you read it, they stay bold on 5.0 to differentiate between you sms's from missed calls emails etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No, I'm pretty sure it is a glitch. I had a Tour, have a Storm2 now and it doesn't bold the SMS like the Tour's OS does. When a real official 5.0 OS comes for the Tour (IF) it probably won't bold the threads.

And yes, marking it as opened is the only fix. But at least you only have to do it to that thread once and it is good.
    12-23-09 09:54 PM
    When it's a new message, the icon to the left of the sender is blue. When it has been read, the icon is white.

MMS still looks like it always has.
    My chick has a 9700 on att. In her sms, what ever she sends is white, and what ever she receives is blue as chat bubble colors. These colors do not change from blue to white on her phone. The rep in the store told her that when she is in a message, her text will always be white bubble and the other party will always be blue bubble.

On my tour using BBM 5.0.0.57 anything I type is white bubble and anything coming in is blue bubble..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 12-23-09 at 10:23 PM.
    12-23-09 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD