So the first issue is my browser. My browser is set to hotspot for the wifi and it works fine, i can connect with the blackberry browser. but the moment i dont have the connection to wifi it says for the blackberry browser
    "this is a wi-fi service. please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try again."
    before i was able to use my wifi and if i left the house i was still able to browse the internet, now i have to change it from hotspot to internet to be able to browse. is there anyway to set the browser to use wifi when possible but still be able to access the internet when i dont have wifi?

Thanks for the help
    12-22-09 02:05 PM
    Not sure, but make sure your Options - Advanced Options - Browser shows Default browser configuration as Hotspot Browser and Default MDS browser configuration as Internet Browser.

MDS is Mobile Data Services...
    12-22-09 02:34 PM
    Besides that what version of the OS are you running? The reason for asking is that I believe this might be broken in 428. As I was running fine that way in 320 and in 428 I see the same thing.
    12-22-09 02:44 PM
    I am running 428 and that probably would make a lot of sense since before the update I was able to browse normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 05:11 PM
    sorry to revive an older question, but is anyone expierence this problem? i still have the problem with 428 and just curious if anyone else is having the same issue. also does anyone have any ideas as to how to make it work when im not in wifi besides changing the option everytime or installing the hybrids?
    02-13-10 01:59 PM
    Bump its a pain and hoping to find an answer

Thanks

02-14-10 11:19 PM
    And what happens if you leave it on "Internet Browser"? Mine switches back and fourth with no issues.
    02-15-10 01:13 AM
    Bump its a pain and hoping to find an answer

Thanks

Dropped back to 320 and it works just like before ... could not stand the other issues with 428 like the SMS bugs
    02-15-10 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD