Hi, guys,

In case you don't know Super QWERTY yet, you can refer the review of Super QWERTY v1.0 by Bla1ze.

Now we have updated to v1.1.0 and according to many users feedbacks, some 3rd party applications cannot launcher from Super QWERTY.

We post this thread in order to collect the list of the 3rd party apps that cannot launch from Super QWERTY. Once your info is confirmed, you will get a free copy of Super QWERTY(Winners will be asked for their PINs to activate Super QWERTY). You can get a free trial version at CB Store and try it on your phone.

We will only give the copy to the first one post here if an app is reported by more than one person.

Here's a list of apps we have found, we will update it once an app is confirmed.

NimBuzz
    IM client (AOL, Gtalk, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo! Massager)
    magicicon
    Group apps(e.g. group pictures)
    Clock in os5.0
    Application Updater
    Application Center
    Word Mole
    Pandora
    iheartradio v2.2

Update: Apps solved since v1.2.0

BBTran
    BBWeather
    Blog Launcher (e.g. CB Launcher, etc)
    UberTwitter
    Shazam
    magicicon
    Nice Office

Please tell us the application name, your phone model and os version.
    Last edited by MMMOOO; 01-26-10 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Update: Apps solved since v1.2.0
    12-21-09 09:09 PM
    Shazam doesn't seem to be loading for me.

Running SuperQ 1.1.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 10:24 PM
    I downloaded the trial and the app magicicon doesn't show up on the list at all (which was the one app I was hoping would work on this!)

Not sure if that counts but I'm running 4.7.1.40 on a 9630

12-21-09 10:24 PM
    Shazam doesn't seem to be loading for me.

Running SuperQ 1.1.0

Hi, We've checked Shazam and confirmed it. We'll soon PM to you
    12-21-09 11:40 PM
    I downloaded the trial and the app magicicon doesn't show up on the list at all (which was the one app I was hoping would work on this!)

Not sure if that counts but I'm running 4.7.1.40 on a 9630

Hi, We've checked magicicon and confirmed it. We'll soon PM to you
    12-21-09 11:40 PM
    GPSed not on the list.

4.6.315 (at$t)
    12-22-09 07:45 AM
    Yelp doesn't launch. Just tried it.

12-22-09 10:55 AM
    Sadly, all of the apps I use seem to launch fine using Super QWERTY. I still wish the app would actually allow "one click access" to my apps, as it says it does. It's just annoying having to click Q first and then click the right letter for the app I want. And if you can get Q to automatically launch this app, couldn't you get other keys to launch other apps? I don't know why but the cost of the app and the fact that it actually takes two steps are both kind of disappointing.

12-22-09 11:48 AM
    Sadly, all of the apps I use seem to launch fine using Super QWERTY. I still wish the app would actually allow "one click access" to my apps, as it says it does. It's just annoying having to click Q first and then click the right letter for the app I want. And if you can get Q to automatically launch this app, couldn't you get other keys to launch other apps? I don't know why but the cost of the app and the fact that it actually takes two steps are both kind of disappointing.

Oh...I'm sorry, mrmcpheezy. at this period we cannot launch apps directly from the homescreen. you know, bb has its own shortcuts in homescreen and we cannot change them now.
    12-22-09 07:27 PM
    at this period we cannot launch apps directly from the homescreen.
    Except yours, right?

12-23-09 01:10 PM
    I'm pretty sure that it because Q is an unused letter on RIMs shortcuts and that they cannot edit existing ones

I'd like to know if you are planning to support the Storm2 anytime?
    Last edited by cjcarbone; 12-23-09 at 01:21 PM.
    12-23-09 01:14 PM
    Except yours, right?

not all of our apps. as far as I know, to launch an app from homescreen via shortcuts, you need to make this in code file.
    12-23-09 06:49 PM
    I'm pretty sure that it because Q is an unused letter on RIMs shortcuts and that they cannot edit existing ones

I'd like to know if you are planning to support the Storm2 anytime?
    Storm2 can use this app, but in current UI, it's meaningless.

We're now planning the support for Storm/Storm2 on v1.3.0.
    12-23-09 06:51 PM
    not all of our apps. as far as I know, to launch an app from homescreen via shortcuts, you need to make this in code file.
    But pressing Q opens Super QWERTY..and that's an app being opened from the homescreen via a shortcut. Yet I can't use sq to be able to open any others directly from the homescreen, even when I assign an otherwise unused letter.

12-23-09 07:29 PM
    But pressing Q opens Super QWERTY..and that's an app being opened from the homescreen via a shortcut. Yet I can't use sq to be able to open any others directly from the homescreen, even when I assign an otherwise unused letter.

yes, because we make this work in our code file. But we cannot modify other apps' code files. So you have to enter Super QWERTY first and then launch other apps. We're planning to realize your thought, but there will be a long time until you see it.
    12-23-09 07:34 PM
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected. I think it's easier to just use the trackball than it is to use Super QWERTY.

12-24-09 01:51 AM
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected. I think it's easier to just use the trackball than it is to use Super QWERTY.

yep, it's better to enable the shortcut in homescreen. we will try our best to do it. you know, on some phones, like Tour is not so good. so there always be somebody need this.
    12-24-09 09:01 PM
    Super QWERTY will not launch (OS 5):
    Application Center
    BB Tran
    Clock
    12-25-09 04:48 PM
    Super QWERTY will not launch (OS 5):
    Application Center
    BB Tran
    Clock
    Thank you, scottb. Application Center and Clock and some other core applications are new in OS 5.0. we are still working on it.

And BBTran is confirmed. You will soon receive a PM.
    12-27-09 07:00 PM
    OS 5.0's Group Chat and all other Group stuff..

"Uncaught exception; applet already exists"
    Last edited by jpgnfx; 12-28-09 at 09:44 PM.
    12-28-09 09:37 PM
    OS 5.0's Group Chat and all other Group stuff..

"Uncaught exception; applet already exists"
    Thank you, jpgnfx! We will soon contact you.
    12-29-09 12:05 AM
    I love Super QWERTY, but it would be great if you could remove the 'Super QWERTY' menu entry in all the menus!

Thus making the only way to call it up would be via the 'Q' key in application menu, that'd be really awesome.

thanks!
    12-29-09 03:08 AM
    @jpgnfx

Thank you! We will try to make this feature optional in next version.
    12-29-09 06:49 PM
    can't launch on instango.

tmobile 4.5 curve 8320
    12-30-09 01:59 AM
    @yehrulz,

Tested. works well on our phones. Would you check Option>Advanced>Applications>Modules, find instango, and see how many applications under its modules?
    12-31-09 02:56 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD