I recently upgraded to .314 os and have been having multiple issues. I am not sure if they are issues caused by the os or if the phone has degraded physically. The first two I know are os related.

- Battery life sucks when using any apps (BBM or Slacker)
    - LONG start up time.
    - The return key (to the right of the ball) doesnt work. It goes back to the previous page like it is suppose to but then just returns to the page I was at when I hit the key (in all apps, including home screen). Its a quick flash of the previous page while I am holding the button
    - The trackball will not always work when clicked. And when it does work sometimes one click results in a double click.
    -Other times when I am typing one letter may appear as multiple (ie. I press z once it comes up as zzz).

Any ideas? I cant hear any little bits rattling about and I know it has not recently been dropped hard or gotten wet.

Are there any other versions for the 9000 of 5.0 os that are more reliable?
    12-21-09 04:05 PM
    Awesome OS!

Check the OS/Beta forum
    12-21-09 04:46 PM
    Are there any other versions for the 9000 of 5.0 os that are more reliable?
    Check out the Beta OS discusson forum. Most people agree that .411 is quite a bit better than .314, but I'd also recommend reading the Bold .411 thread before jumping in head first. I say that about all beta OSes though. .411 is as good as you'll currently find for the 9000.
    I'm on .314 also. I've had quite a few issues with it, but the only one we share is the poor battery life. Your issues sound like when my ex took her 8830 in the bathroom while she showered.
    IMHO, 5.0.0.238 and 5.0.0.411 are the only ones to use... the others should never have been leaked.
    12-21-09 06:19 PM
    IMHO, 5.0.0.238 and 5.0.0.411 are the only ones to use... the others should never have been leaked.
    Oh, I don't know. I was doing pretty well with .314 using .348's radio. .411 is definitely more polished in many ways though.
    12-21-09 06:54 PM
    With the issues that you listed, my advice would be to wipe with jl cmdr and load .411. But you should also pull the battery and check your water damage sticker. Sometimes these devices can get water damaged without being exposed to liquid (steam from shower perhaps). If the sticker has changed color then you need to pull the battery and put it in a sealed container of rice for 24 hours. If there's no apparent water damage, then you should really consider the wipe and upgrade.

Let us know your course of action and how it works out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 06:59 AM
    Previously I had 4.6.167, 4.6.282 and now 5.0.0.314. I've had 314 for a month now and overall it's the best OS that I used on my Bold.

167 & 282 both did the job and for the most part I was happy with them. I LOVE 314 because it's very snappy which enables me to complete tasks much faster in comparison to 167 & 282. Now, I'm gonna try to do my best and give pros and cons for the new 314......

PROS
    1. Very snappy
    2. Threaded SMS
    3. Improved battery life (around 15-20% better...for me at least)
    4. Application memory only drops around 5-10mb per day (167 & 292 dropped 20mb plus sometimes
    5. Very quick start-up time (60-90 seconds)
    6. I have 12 or so apps and after reset my Application Memory is around 40mb. Memory goes to 30mb after a whole day of usage, which is real good for me. At times it actually fluctuates, for example if app memory is 32mb sometimes it jumps to 34mb. Kinda weird but in a good way

CONS
    1. QuickPull 3.5.4 not compatible, but 3.6.0 works fine
    2. Experiencing battery loss after QuickPull. For example, battery goes from 50% to 35% after reset. (not a big deal since there's very little need for reset on 314 anyways)
    3. Blackberry App World, the application, just disappears from my Home screen for no reason
    4. Just recently, calls started to get dropped. I also noticed that when I'm talkin' on the phone line goes static at time as well. Not sure, maybe it's area coverage, but I never had this problem on 167 or 292...So far this is my biggest concern with 314.

This is what I have so far, sorry for loooooong post, but I just had to get it off my chest. Thx all.

G
    12-22-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD