Overview: Trapster is a FREE app which alerts you of speed traps, red light and speed cameras, police check points, and other wallet hazards.

How Does Trapster Work?: Trapster� Virtual Radar&trade - Presentation

Read Customizing Trapster 3.6 for BlackBerry: Customizing Trapster 3.6 for BlackBerry | Trapster Blog

Feel free to ask any questions on how to use the app.

shoot me an email: [email protected]

Resources:

Trapster Blog

trapster (trapster) on Twitter

Are you a fan?:
    Trapster | Facebook
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-07-10 at 02:38 PM.
    12-21-09 02:41 PM
    Sean, GREAT work on the new release! It's leaps and bounds better than the old one.

I just wish there was an option to auto-rotate the map, so the direction your heading always points to the top of the screen. Instead of NSEW.

I really like how you can zoom out, and see what's ahead of you.

I typically only use it for long trip away from major cities.
    12-21-09 02:53 PM
    I know I had suggested it before, but I would love to see the ability to tag accidents. My simple reasons are:

- They are temporary, just like speed traps.
    - Cops are usually present.
    - Gives drivers a safe heads-up on conditions ahead.
    - Promotes some safer driving by giving you the ability to slow down before-hand.
    12-21-09 03:10 PM
    Great. Works well for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 03:13 PM
    Squad car icon I way too small, doesn't match other app icons. Images indicating hazards need to be revamped. An officer in front of a roadblock? How about a orange/white block instead? Simplify all images for immediate recognition on devices where screen real estate is precious! Redlight cam can just be a big red dot. Cam a black square. Make it easy for us! And please remove the iconized logo from the top of the map. Tranparency is not good enough as It tends to hide street details for no good reason. We all know we are running Trapster already!

12-21-09 03:33 PM
    I tried it out but there isn't much in/around Boise- at least not anywhere that I commute.
    12-21-09 03:36 PM
    I have been using it for a few weeks both the app and the SmS. Since vzw has my GPS locked from that I decided to order the suggested gps device to .That device should arrive in a few days and I think I will like this app even more then .

12-21-09 03:41 PM
    Great feedback, thank you.

Trapster is constantly evolving to become the best driving application. We really appreciate valuable insight from our users, and weigh your opinions heavily when updating the application.

Keep it coming!
    12-22-09 06:58 PM
    I still can't get gps to work on latest vers (3.6.2?). Had to roll back to one in appworld (3.2.5?...old one). Weird. Gps works fine on appworld vers. Runnin OS5

12-27-09 08:16 PM
    I still can't get gps to work on latest vers (3.6.2?). Had to roll back to one in appworld (3.2.5?...old one). Weird. Gps works fine on appworld vers. Runnin OS5

hi webmastir,

Please let me know which device and carrier you are using. And we will get the latest version working on your BB.

Thanks,

Sean
    01-07-10 02:14 PM
    Thanks for replying. I'm very exciting to hopefully getting the new version working. There's no reason it shouldn't be. I'm not that much of a noob to where it's something stupid, i don't believe. Anyway, I can try reinstalling again *shrug*.

Device Model: 9630 (Tour)
    Carrier: Overpriced Verizon
    01-07-10 02:17 PM
    One thing that is missing from Trapster is night-time mode. If you have the app open at night, the screen is bright-white. There really needs to be a way to switch to a black background at night so that the BB screen isn't as distracting.

Most GPS apps have a night mode that do this, still displaying roads and such with a black background. It would be great to have Trapster do the same thing.
    01-07-10 02:27 PM
    Thanks for replying. I'm very exciting to hopefully getting the new version working. There's no reason it shouldn't be. I'm not that much of a noob to where it's something stupid, i don't believe. Anyway, I can try reinstalling again *shrug*.

Device Model: 9630 (Tour)
    Carrier: Overpriced Verizon
    To insure you are getting the latest version please visit: http://trapster.com/tmvr/bb/tm.jad from your BB's browser.
    01-07-10 02:33 PM
    One thing that is missing from Trapster is night-time mode. If you have the app open at night, the screen is bright-white. There really needs to be a way to switch to a black background at night so that the BB screen isn't as distracting.

Most GPS apps have a night mode that do this, still displaying roads and such with a black background. It would be great to have Trapster do the same thing.
    This is a good idea.

I will pass it on to the powers that be.

Thank you Xopher!
    01-07-10 02:34 PM
    Will do Sean. I'll post what happens later tonight & check my event log if it doesn't seem to work again.

I agree, +1, w/ Xopher's idea too
    01-07-10 03:00 PM
    Sean,

I have tried to get the new version to work on my 8350i with no success. Trapster support sent me a link to the old version and I was able to use it still. When I download and install the new version, when I click on the icon the BB locks up and won't do anything at all. I am using an 8350i on Boost Mobile running OS 4.6.1.313

EDIT: I tried downloading 3.6.2 again this afternoon. It worked. I happened to be at a WiFi hotspot when I downloaded and opened the app. After I left the hotspot though I tried opening the app again and it locked up my BB. Instead of doing a battery pull I just cut the phone off and back on again. When I selected Trapster from the Switch Applications menu I received an error message.

Uncaught Exception tm(181) is not responding.......

Any ideas???
    Last edited by cartersball; 01-07-10 at 04:28 PM.
    01-07-10 03:24 PM
    Sean,

I have tried to get the new version to work on my 8350i with no success. Trapster support sent me a link to the old version and I was able to use it still. When I download and install the new version, when I click on the icon the BB locks up and won't do anything at all. I am using an 8350i on Boost Mobile running OS 4.6.1.313

EDIT: I tried downloading 3.6.2 again this afternoon. It worked. I happened to be at a WiFi hotspot when I downloaded and opened the app. After I left the hotspot though I tried opening the app again and it locked up my BB. Instead of doing a battery pull I just cut the phone off and back on again. When I selected Trapster from the Switch Applications menu I received an error message.

Uncaught Exception tm(181) is not responding.......

Any ideas???
    Can you upgrade your Operating System?

Seems like some sort of conflict with boost mobile. We do not have boost devices here in the office to test with.

I would suggest using the old version until we have this figured out.

Previous version: *http://trapster.com/tm32545/tm.jad
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-07-10 at 06:17 PM.
    01-07-10 06:11 PM
    Sean, I don't really know why, but it worked this time. Thanks for the help. Loving this update!!!!

01-07-10 06:15 PM
    Can you upgrade your Operating System?

Seems like some sort of conflict with boost mobile. We do not have boost devices here in the office to test with.

I would suggest using the old version until we have this figured out.

Previous version: *http://trapster.com/tm32545/tm.jad
    I have no problem updating my OS using desktop manager. I am running the latest OS available for the 8350i. Boost uses Nextel networks. They have no support for BB's as of yet. So basically mine runs on the Nextel network with no BIS service. I checked and compared the Blackberry http extension settings for Trapster from both versions. When using 3.6.2 while it was working the connection was labled as ;deviceside=true;interface=wifi. On the old version through the link you provided it is as follows: ;deviceside=true. All I can think of is that this second extension is not included in the 3.6.2 version, or there is a problem using it. I know of a few other people here in the 8350i forum who have the new version running on their BB with Boost Mobile. Thanks for the link I love this app and use it all the time. I look forward to being able to use the updated version. It was cool for the short while I checked it out.

01-07-10 06:39 PM
    I have no problem updating my OS using desktop manager. I am running the latest OS available for the 8350i. Boost uses Nextel networks. They have no support for BB's as of yet. So basically mine runs on the Nextel network with no BIS service. I checked and compared the Blackberry http extension settings for Trapster from both versions. When using 3.6.2 while it was working the connection was labled as ;deviceside=true;interface=wifi. On the old version through the link you provided it is as follows: ;deviceside=true. All I can think of is that this second extension is not included in the 3.6.2 version, or there is a problem using it. I know of a few other people here in the 8350i forum who have the new version running on their BB with Boost Mobile. Thanks for the link I love this app and use it all the time. I look forward to being able to use the updated version. It was cool for the short while I checked it out.

Have you tried changing the http extension settings? "deviceside=true" is included.
    01-07-10 06:49 PM
    I will redownload 3.6.2 at a wifi hotspot and try to open it and switch the setting tomorrow or later tonight. Once I left the range of the wifi I was unable to open the app, I would click on the icon and the cursor would just sit there hovered over Trapster icon for three minutes or until I rebooted. Today instead of rebooting I just cut the phone off and back on, that is when I noticed the error.

01-07-10 08:23 PM
    I certainly agree with accident tagging. Also a little more eye candy like the I phone app would be nice (definitely not necessary) all in all its truly one of the best and most useful apps I have on my berry!
    01-07-10 10:55 PM
    all in all its truly one of the best and most useful apps I have on my berry!
    agree 100%. wish everyone used it!
    01-08-10 07:18 AM
    Just downloaded, I can't wait to try it out on the road. I hope there are plenty of users in the geater chicagoland area!

01-08-10 11:39 AM
    Less eye candy keep the app as lightweight as possible! New sensible icons and bolder crosshairs.

01-08-10 11:42 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD