Hey everyone. G's Blackberry was stolen last night while we were out shopping. The phone is now off, the insurance claim has been placed and we are getting a new one tonight but unfortunately he hadn't backed up his contacts. Please send a PIN message to me (his wife) with your number and/or Blackberry PIN so we can get you added to the new Blackberry tonight. We know where it was stolen and we're about 99% sure we know WHO stole it but we have no proof. Thanks everyone! G will shoot you all a BBM after he gets the new one activated.

~ The General's Wifey ~
    12-21-09 12:27 PM
    It would help if I had included MY pin. lol 31AFE18E
    12-21-09 12:34 PM
    This is fake. I wouldn't fall for it for anyone who is reading this. This is probably a
    PIN collection for spam.
    12-21-09 01:25 PM
    yea i just realized that the two threads are br completely different OPs claiming to be the same person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-09 01:28 PM
    and they did the same thing here

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-bb-272101/

12-21-09 01:30 PM
    hello follow bb users!

I am General Money from Crank Records!
    It appears this account is being used by two parties, the artist and his wife. It also appears the Mrs has opened her own account.

Please keep it to one thread, good luck on re-establishing contact with your PIN pals.

If you have backed up the BlackBerry or have upgraded the software, look for a file, in Documents with the type IPD. That will contain all the lost contacts and makes recovery simple using Advanced Restore.
    12-21-09 01:36 PM
    Even though I'm unable to make a regular backup via computer, I have my contacts and calendars backed up online, so I can at least recover them. So a fast login, sync contacts and Calendar, then a quick restore of BBM, and I'm cookin' with gas.

12-21-09 01:45 PM
    Why do they need a new CrackBerry account?
    12-21-09 05:46 PM
    Why do they need a new CrackBerry account?
    Erm... two different people?
    12-21-09 06:06 PM
    is it a fake/spam?
    12-22-09 01:21 AM
    Shoudn't the mods take this off the site?

12-22-09 06:56 AM
    Shoudn't the mods take this off the site?

Well it's good to leave on Just so others can see whats it's about and not fall for the scam and so the OP doesn't start fresh everytime ,wouldn't surprize me if it gets locked down tho
    12-22-09 07:35 AM
    oy..
    one mod says it's legit, another doesn't know.

I'd say, to be safe, things like this not be acknowledged by other users. If you genuinely lost your contacts, YOU would be the one to go get them back, you wouldn't allot someone else to mess around with them.

It's unfortunate to be pessimistic, but kinda have to be when the Internet is filled with pirates.

ETA: also, note the post counts. If said person has 298472948729847 posts and 298472848 friends, they'd know by now how to sync their phones and backup their stuff.
    Last edited by zamey; 12-22-09 at 09:25 AM. Reason: arrr matey
    12-22-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD